• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv License Plate

bl71236

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cucv License plate

So Here is my solution to the license plate mounting problem.
We all know that
#1) the tow pintle must stay.
#2) bolted store bought plate holders...need I say...SUCK!

So here is what I came up with.

pic1.jpg

The frame is made from 1/4" aluminium plate.

Here is the back side showing the wiring of the lighted plate bolts.

pic2.jpg

Here is the 1 1/2" pvc "tee" cut down and notched for the trailer wiring cannon plug.

pic3.jpg

I used the dash plug for the radio to plug the end of the "tee"
pic4.jpg

Mil spec daniels "yellow" pins for the cannon blug.

pic5.jpg

Day time

pic1.jpg

Night time

pic7.jpg

Doesnt bang around pintle could still be used, and once i get the lift on the plate will almost be at stomach level. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We prefer that you post the pictures here on SS.

bl71236

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone interested In my solution. PM me for details and photos. Got a "We prefer" from the moderator on picture posting, So the Forum FAQ is wrong I guess.

USAWEAPON777

If that swings while you are going down the road, you are going to get pulled over.
:ditto:

The lady who does my vehicle inspections is pretty lenient. I mean i can bring the most utterly rusted truck and she'll be like "oh just rivet some aluminum around it so if a kid touches it he won't need a tetanus shot"and then puts the sticker on

but when she saw my ziptied licence on the m1008 it was a no go. I just mounted it in the bottom left hand corner of the rear fender with a barbwire licence plate holder.

p.s why 2 threads???

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tried to merge the two threads but that isn't working either...

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just tried again, and it worked! Harumph..

bl71236

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If that swings while you are going down the road, you are going to get pulled over.
Really? wow So glad you brought that up I would have never thought of that. I guess I just got lucky making it from .25 2024-T3 Aluminium plate. It weighs in a little over 2.5lbs and does not have much of a pivot point due to its contact area on the tow pintle. And that spare tire directly in front of it certainly will not have any effect on the airflow. I like your style however don't ask a question just make a confrontational statement. And your "ditto" poster buddy its really not the same as a couple of ty-wraps and a plate now is it? And that "barbed wire" plate holder how original you think that up all on your own sunshine? I guess you have to be a serious internet mechanic/engineer to have an original/good design for a solution to Cucv issue. With the negativity factor on this site I wont be posting my interior refurb, Air conditioner install, body lift, or ORD 4" lift here You boys are much to smart for me. Have a nice day.

designerRob

Really? wow So glad you brought that up I would have never thought of that. I guess I just got lucky making it from .25 2024-T3 Aluminium plate. It weighs in a little over 2.5lbs and does not have much of a pivot point due to its contact area on the tow pintle. And that spare tire directly in front of it certainly will not have any effect on the airflow. I like your style however don't ask a question just make a confrontational statement. And your "ditto" poster buddy its really not the same as a couple of ty-wraps and a plate now is it? And that "barbed wire" plate holder how original you think that up all on your own sunshine? I guess you have to be a serious internet mechanic/engineer to have an original/good design for a solution to Cucv issue. With the negativity factor on this site I wont be posting my interior refurb, Air conditioner install, body lift, or ORD 4" lift here You boys are much to smart for me. Have a nice day.
You don't have to get your panties in a bunch. Peps are just trying to let you know how the site works and offer some contructive criticism. You should probably stay off any internet forum if you can't take a little info. / questioning.

Personally I think the idea is original and works just fine.:beer:

OL AG '89

bl
Need to take meds guy!!!
The same thought about swinging in the wind came to me when I saw it, just "hanging" there. You spent a lot of effort and for that you are commended, but the plate WILL swing in the WIND when driving down the road. Ever seen the BULL testicles under a pickup at 60 mph? "JUST A SWINGIN"
Seriously no sniping hear just cordial conversation, that may be from "learned" behavior......
I mounted my license plate under the bumper on a pivoting mount that I lock down when "on-road" and lock up when "off-road".

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the idea. Looks very cool. I'm currently thinking thru how to mount my license plate on my new M1008. Right now I'm using two strong magnets bolted to the plate. I don't just want to drill holes in the truck.

thanks for the idea

frodobaggins

I think you should re-read this thread from the top and see who sounds like they got up on the wrong side of the bed. aua

You're certainly welcome here, and we are not hostile here. Stick around, show your stuff, and calm down. I think you'll enjoy it.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyTjAnJGZ0M[/media]
rofl

The OP has had an attitude since his first post. Unless you want to crawl up his butt, and tell him everything he does is wonderful, he will never be happy here.
There is always at least one in every crowd, and I think he may be it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks