• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV M1008 - Bypassing vacuum regulator

jgb680

Three days ago my truck was shifting a little hard, so I decided I would change the vacuum modulator. It drove a lot better for about an hour after that. Then it started shifting harder than it was before I changed it. After this I decided to replace my vacuum hoses and it still did the same thing. I then decided to bypass the vacuum regulator. Now when I start out from a stop it sometimes starts in 3rd gear. I was wondering if this is normal operation? Again 3 days ago my truck was driving fine just shifting a little hard...

Cucvnut

your truck wont run right with out the vacuum modulator. you need to run that. have you searched for hard shifting on here? lots of threads about it. have you changed the filter and done a fluid change on the th400?

Cucvnut

that tells when your truck will shift. have you made sure the connector from the hoses to the the regulator is not cracked and bad?

jdeoliveira74

You will not shift right with the vacuum bypassed it has to be connected hard shifts something may need adjusting but the th400 shifts hard to begin with. Did you try to adjust the modulator. Mine is pushed all the way towards the firewall the one on the ip pump! Also check vacuum lines to the transmission

mikelee

Article in manual has a step to setup. For proper shifts just need to make a gauge block for setting gap. And use a vaccum source for setting (I used a vaccum generator) Like the one Harbor Freight sells well worth the time to do this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks