• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv m1008 high/low beam momentary?

Carl1008

Guys and Gals, I have a silly question. Keep in mind I'm 28 so, sadly, I never got a chance to drive a 73-87 chevy when they were new + working properly.

I'm trying to decide if my high/low beam switch is broken
  • It's relatively hard to pull the wand into the high-beam mode
  • There's a lot of play in the wand
  • The wand never acts as a momentary switch

My intuition is that it feels like there's a non-functional 'momentary high' position I have to pull through to get to the 'high on' position.

I'd be really appreciative if someone could shed some light on this for me :)

Carl1008

CORRECTION

I just got a new switch from LMC and it also has no momentary function. Also, a friend with an '86 K20 has no momentary. I'm beginning to think these trucks never had momentary. Anyone know if there is a newer chevy or some other car with a switch I could hack in?

Last edited:

cucvrus

These are click type switches. They are either on high beam or low beam. They do not have the lever type that you can pull back and high beam. I have had several of the newer Chevrolet trucks and I am used to the new style and the old CUCV I don't even notice the difference. One thing is newer trucks have a much better indicator lamp for high beam. Them 2 small blue lights can be difficult on old eyes.