• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV M1008 Power Steering Pump

sporanox

Attached is the bottom of my power steering pump. There is a bolt coming out of the pump but does not appear to be long enough to attach to the bracket? Is this suppose to mount under here? If you have a picture of the proper mounting, greatly appreciated.

20140722_114409.jpg

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are missing a piece to the puzzle.

Item number 10

pump2.jpg

Figure 132 from the TM 9-2320-289-34P parts manual

Last edited:

cucvrus

I have a few. I also made a few. It is an easy part to make if you have one to copy off of. It only adds support and it is much needed. I have been feeling generous lately. Send me a PM.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Attached is the bottom of my power steering pump. There is a bolt coming out of the pump but does not appear to be long enough to attach to the bracket? Is this suppose to mount under here? If you have a picture of the proper mounting, greatly appreciated.

View attachment 505234
Nicely done on the picture.
Clear, labeled, etc.

Knew exactly what you were talking about instead of trying to decipher the picture.

Well done.

cucvrus

From the private message I received this member has more issues then the bracket missing. he has a rattling sound coming from under the hood. I suspect he has the main power steering pump bracket cracked or broken. He says not but I can't imagine just missing that small bracket would make the pump jump around and rattle. I have seen many CUCV's missing that bracket and the one on the block. I have made the brackets in the past when I was out of stock of new or used ones. Also I suspect the bracket is broken in the top bolt radius out of site and can not be seen while the pump and bracket are in place. That is my diagnosis. Prove me wrong but that is my suspicion. Have a great day and keep wrenching.

M1008BOV

I had that noise on mine and found that a bolt was backing out of the pump and into the backside of the pulley. I had to remove the pulley and replace the bolt with a new one. I believe it was #12 in the diagram.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks