• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV M1009. Generator #2 Shorted on return fuel tubing.

Dron

Hello everybody!
I replaced 3 belts with new. Take the truck for test drive. Several miles later I got smoke in cabin. Pull over, open hood and see the fire on the back of Gen#2. I disconnect batteries, put the fire down with sprite. Gen#2 +12V terminal was touching fuel return tubing. Arck make hole in tubing and ignited the fuel. Rubber boots for Generator terminal are burned out. I bent tubing away from Gen terminal. Get home and put patch on tubing. Is anybody know part number for this tubing?
Thanks!

1love

Hey Since no one wants to help you I spent my lunch and found it for you bro!

"pump to carburetor line"

Last edited:

cucvrus

I 2nd the patch job on the steel line with fuel line and hose clamps. Also I recommend you get some new boots on the + studs of the alternators. Remove the return line and use a tubing cutter to get the ends nice and smooth. Good Luck.

Dron

Thank you guys.
I have old 6.2L with cracked head lying around. Friend of myn replace this engine with big block on his CUCV. This engine has this tubing. Waiting for warmer weather.

cucvrus

Just fix it with rubber hose and 2 clamps. No need to master mind it. It is a low pressure return line. The effort is not worth it. I mean you will leak a lot of fuel till the weather changes. Holds up in hot or cold. Good Luck. But while in there I would change the original return lines on all the nozzles.

Dron

Just fix it with rubber hose and 2 clamps. No need to master mind it. It is a low pressure return line. The effort is not worth it. I mean you will leak a lot of fuel till the weather changes. Holds up in hot or cold. Good Luck. But while in there I would change the original return lines on all the nozzles.
Thank you. Will do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks