• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV M1009 Radiator cover - Available and where?

rhinob

Looking to restrict the airflow over my radiator this winter. Barely gets warm enough for reasonable heat, definitely not enough for defrost. Any suggestions? Did search a bit on the site, but found nothing.

Hoping to find the actual military cover.

Attachments

markg

Looking to restrict the airflow over my radiator this winter. Barely gets warm enough for reasonable heat, definitely not enough for defrost. Any suggestions? Did search a bit on the site, but found nothing.

Hoping to find the actual military cover.
change your thermostat and you will get heat. 195f stant or good brand. thanks. mark

transman

Us "po folk" use cardboard .Just be sure any cutouts for air flow are centered in front of the fan. Having one side of the fan blades catching air and not the other is a good way to turn it into projectiles.

rhinob

I'm a bit of a purist, so I've already made contact with Jatonkas and will get it coming today. Thanks much for all the input. Really looking forward to getting this installed.

sierrajcharlie

I was using cardboard but it can get wet. So, I threw a couple of dog food bags in there instead. These have a covering on them so they don't get wet. They're not real pretty but functional.