• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV M1028 Tach Assistance

cavetech

A quick look at the -10(basic operators level) TM would show you that is NOT original.
I thought it was original equipment, but wondered why it was right on the dashboard and the switch lever does not remove. My pinzgauer 710M had a master cut off switch but it was alongside the drivers seat and the switch lever removed. That made more sense.

goldneagle

I thought it was original equipment, but wondered why it was right on the dashboard and the switch lever does not remove. My pinzgauer 710M had a master cut off switch but it was alongside the drivers seat and the switch lever removed. That made more sense.
Well if you relocate it than change it out to one that has a removable key.

MarcusOReallyus

Before I worried about relocating it, I'd want to know how it works, how it's wired. It might be a kludge that is best removed, but you'll never know until you know.

rsh4364

Thanks Goldneagle,have same tach and hope to get installed this week,looks very easy,I hope I don't have to fine tune,that hole on side is very small.
Wired mine up today temporarily works good and easy.Will mount permanent this week when it warms up a bit.Low 30s today,mid 40s the rest of week.

AECS

Or maybe even the 1960's!

Or maybe..... 1817? Hmmm. Not many cellphones around then.

Oh, bless me father, for I have sinned! I have departed from The Sacred OEM! I must reflect and repent!

:cookoo:

Hey, drive by ear and idiot lights if you want to. It's your truck, knock yourself out.

But get over yourself!
Boy, sounds like you need to get over yourself. I did not see where he was being disrespectful or argumentative at all...

MarcusOReallyus

Nobody said anything about "disrespectful or argumentative".

Making a tachometer in a truck a matter for "thought and self-evaluation" is squarely in the "waaaaay over the top" category.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's enough with the personal comments.

Stay on track (this is about tachometers).

cavetech

I'd just like to take a moment to say thanks to all for teaching me about the options open to me to install a tach in my truck. This forum sure has a lot of good information. Heck, I even found the brown wire on my alternator. I'm looking to move my master power switch.

goldneagle

I'd just like to take a moment to say thanks to all for teaching me about the options open to me to install a tach in my truck. This forum sure has a lot of good information. Heck, I even found the brown wire on my alternator. I'm looking to move my master power switch.
I guess you are up to speed then..rofl

MarcusOReallyus

A suggestion for you: Before you move that thing, draw a careful diagram of what goes where. There can be some pitfalls with master cutoff switches in a CUCV because of the hybrid 12/24v system. Maybe yours is fine, but it would not hurt to post a diagram for folks on here to pick apart. Even if you don't do that, you'll want to make sure you get it back the way it was, and it's easy to get confused. Pictures help, too.

cavetech

A suggestion for you: Before you move that thing, draw a careful diagram of what goes where. There can be some pitfalls with master cutoff switches in a CUCV because of the hybrid 12/24v system. Maybe yours is fine, but it would not hurt to post a diagram for folks on here to pick apart. Even if you don't do that, you'll want to make sure you get it back the way it was, and it's easy to get confused. Pictures help, too.

Ah, good point!

Iceman3005

$30 more and it does not include a tach. Plus you get to drill a hole, then thread it to mount the pick up. That's a lot better option.
It is a better option, because a tiny tach...............well it is tiny and its hard to see it. The dakota digital sensor allows the use of any tach, so someone can use a full size 6 inch tach or the stock in the dash chevy tach. So why is that not the better option? Plus if someone like me or any one else wants to keep the original look of these old trucks than that is a great option.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks