• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV manual glow plug switch install issue

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your vehicle has a card made by BMI, link in post #32, another option for installing a manual GP switch without cutting wires is attaching a wire from the stud provided on the GP card to ground, interrupted by a push button or switch.

View attachment 732966

Picture from BMI's website.
http://www.glowplugcards.com/about-us
That's why the stud is there and not a rivet. You can have the normal card functions and a by-pass function without ever touching the vehicle wiring.

Add a wire to that stud, thru a momentary switch to ground and have a push button by-pass. Just one of the few modifications that were added to the new cards to make them different from the others.

I see that guy in the BMI picture every day. I've know him all my life.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dunno why you assume any modification is automatically "hacked up". Some of us actually know what we are doing.
Yes Teacher.

If I ever need to know how to take an all stock cucv and do modifications to lessen it’s value.......you’ll be the first I contact.

MarcusOReallyus

I see that guy in the BMI picture every day. I've know him all my life.
/BRITISH ACCENT ON/

Now, then, none of that old bean! No moping around here! Stiff upper lip, and all that! It could be worse, you know. You could be married to the blighter!

/BRITISH ACCENT OFF/

:mrgreen:

Excellent design on the card. :beer:

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes Teacher.

If I ever need to know how to take an all stock cucv and do modifications to lessen it’s value.......you’ll be the first I contact.
Me too...but then, my starting position was the 33 year old truck had no residual value to start with. So where does THIS wire go anyway :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks