• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv mechanic

mistaken1

I cannot directly answer your question.

However other than the 24V glow plug / starting system it is just a stripped down mid-eighties GM blazer with a diesel engine and a TH400 transmission.

A good GM diesel mechanic for the engine (give him pages from the manuals that explain/deal with the 24V glow plugs and starter) and a good GM truck mechanic for the rest of the vehicle might open up your possibilities a little more.

WackoJacko85

I looked around San Diego. I gave up after the 4th shop I called. I ended up taking my truck up to Bud's Diesel in Mission Viejo since my truck was in Oceanside at the time. Here's their site Bud's Diesel Shop They are also known as The Diesel Shop, and Orange County Diesel Shop. They haven't finished my truck yet, but I told them to take their time since there is no rush on it. One of the mechanics I talked to had worked on a few CUCV's before and seemed to really know what he was talking about. They are worth a call if you can't find anyone in SD.

Oh Snap! I forgot about this one shop I wanted to take my truck to. It was at the end of the 94 behind the Vons, but they have moved or closed. I'm trying to find them. They did alot of work on Hummer's and HMMWV's. I saw a few Deuces and even an MRAP at there shop too.

ssdvc

IMHO, this would be a good "sticky" somewhere. List trusted CUCV Mechanics, by state/location to help all of us who sometimes don't have time to do things on our trucks. Just a thought...Yes/No???

TOBEXA

what about hourly rate? i have payed between $45-$70 and as high as $90( i was in a pinch and had the mechanic drive to me 60 miles round trip 2x). i feel like i should be paying $30

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks