• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Muffler

502NDMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just blew the back off of my muffler and as I am quickly discovering the confusion of owning a CUCV M1009. Any suggestions or threads out there on the correct exhaust parts? I miss my deuce! Thanks in advance.

cucvrus

There is nothing special about a CUCV M1009 exhaust/muffler. You can get the exhaust repaired or replaced at any competent exhaust shop. You can buy the exhaust at any auto parts store. Regardless of the year use 1984 K5 Blazer with 6.2 dual exhaust as the application. So I follow. What is confusing you? It is a 30 year old vehicle. It will need replacement parts. And I can double dog bet you the parts are easier and less expensive than deuce parts. Good Luck. Be Safe and Enjoy the Winter weather.

502NDMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I checked with two local auto parts stores that said they couldn't find one. I am still looking for my steering wheel horn button, the wiper motor was an adventure. I never had a problem locating deuce parts and everything on my deuce was replaced and/or upgraded front to rear. As you have stated in a previous post to exercise caution when dealing with buying parts for these vehicles through LMC etc., and that has added to my "confusion". I do my own work, so leaving for someone else to possibly half-ass it is just not an option for me. Look how much trouble I am having just trying to get the correct parts in this area.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks