• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV name suggestion

jj

Saw a movie once, i forget the title, guy had a bush buggy of some sort, he called the vehicle "the anti-christ". And so i call mine. Some days. Some days the kids and i call it "William". My youngest son suggested that the night i brought it home.

Last edited:

GM-M1008

Knew someone just had to ask [thumbzup]

Why everybody KNOWS that the proper NAME for a cucv is WHEEL CHOCK
Wheel chocks (or chocks) are wedges of sturdy material placed behind a vehicle's wheels to prevent accidental movement. Chocks are placed for safety in addition to setting the brakes. The bottom surface is sometimes coated in rubber to enhance grip with the ground. For ease of removal, a rope may be tied to the chock or a set of two chocks. One edge of the wedge has a concave profile to contour to the wheel and increase the force necessary to overrun the chock.

Well you cant place a CUCV behind any other vehicles wheels to prevent movement beside a huge haul truck(guess what a haul truck would crush your puny m819). Most Cucvs are painted on the bottom and are not coated in rubber. Cucvs also do not have a rope tied to them(Oh look your 819 has cables attatched!!) They do not have any concave shapes to them to fit a tire.
So please tell me how are these used for wheel chocks????? Explain your point I am very interested to know why you call the CUCV a wheel chock......I will have better luck fitting you cute little 5 ton under a haul truck tire than you will fitting a CUCV under your 5 ton tire, and any day you want to try let me know!

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Wheel chocks (or chocks) are wedges of sturdy material placed behind a vehicle's wheels to prevent accidental movement. Chocks are placed for safety in addition to setting the brakes. The bottom surface is sometimes coated in rubber to enhance grip with the ground. For ease of removal, a rope may be tied to the chock or a set of two chocks. One edge of the wedge has a concave profile to contour to the wheel and increase the force necessary to overrun the chock.

Well you cant place a CUCV behind any other vehicles wheels to prevent movement beside a huge haul truck(guess what a haul truck would crush your puny m819). Most Cucvs are painted on the bottom and are not coated in rubber. Cucvs also do not have a rope tied to them(Oh look your 819 has cables attatched!!) They do not have any concave shapes to them to fit a tire.
So please tell me how are these used for wheel chocks????? Explain your point I am very interested to know why you call the CUCV a wheel chock......I will have better luck fitting you cute little 5 ton under a haul truck tire than you will fitting a CUCV under your 5 ton tire, and any day you want to try let me know!
its a bit of a joke, I found it funny.....:popcorn:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Carefully guys or we will have to shut this down with some timeouts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks