• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv needed atlanta area

taylordc15

Anyone near Snellville GA with a CUCV willing to let me buy them lunch? My son blew the engine in my CUCV, I pulled the old one but deployed to Iraq before getting the replacement in. I am in the process of hooking up the donor engine but it has been a long time since I pulled the old one and my son did part of that and didn't label anything. Would be very helpful to have another CUCV to look at.

Thanks
Dave
(540)842-0056

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave I am up in oakwood but could probably bring down the M1009 to my office area this week in Duluth to let you take pictures if you needed. Or as stated we can all take pictures of different item as you are tackling items.

taylordc15

Thanks Swiss, my biggest question was a fuel line routing problem that was self induced. I am adding a turbo while the engine is out and had removed the engine driven fuel pump. Was able to figure out what I needed using schematics from the TM. I still have a hard line that my son removed from somewhere that I have to figure out, not seeing anything obvious. Ill PM you if I get stuck.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The mechanical fuel pump has a piece that likes to fall off when not put in properly... Put it in a nice tub of grease before you install it to help it stick in place..

Also, now might be a good time to put an inline diesel electric fuel pump, they will still flow if not on/failed, and will help greatly in bleeding anything if you ever run out of gas, or if your mechanical fuel pump fails...

glaser06

Dammit Dave. I used to live in Snellville and was up there Friday and Saturday (my 1028 was a common sight at the auto parts stores). I will be back in March, if you still need help I'll drive the CUCV.

Also, I turbocharged mine over the summer so I'd be happy to answer any questions you have too.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

taylordc15

Thanks Glaser06, I head back to Iraq mid march and am moving to Chattanooga so trying to finish it before I leave for Iraq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taylordc15

I have one in Athens you are welcome to check out.

Mac
Mac is it by chance mine? After spending all day trying to put the crossover for the turbo on I am pretty sure it is the 2wd one and not the 4x4 crossover. I'm at a standstill with this until I can either get the correct one or find some one to lengthen mine to fit.

Drock

Yes under the crossmember and around the front of the motor. Resist the urge to weld them together. I did and it was a bear to get bolted back on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks