• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV No Rev-up

rcb

Greetings !!!
Just received my latest, an M1028 from Ft. Jackson. All fluids had been drained except fuel by DRMO including a healthy dose of fork lift damage !! I am on first name basis with the drive shaft shop !! Replaced all fluids and fired-up, runs rough, blows smoke and will not rev-up !! Oil pressure is fine, no rapping, tapping or any other noise !! Any thoughts ???
Thanks...
Bob

jeffwho@verizon.net

I am having the same issue with mine.No power-smoke.I have tried a couple things ,but no luck.New fuel filter,fuel lift pump,blew line to tank when pump was off,just in case.Changed inj.fresh full.No luck,let me know if you figure it out.Mine is going to the shop...soon.;-)

jeffwho@verizon.net

My throttle cable is fine.It will only rev.up a little,when it wants to.Acts like it's not getting enough fuel.I think i will check inside of the return line on the top of the IP.I see others have had this problem with the check value sticking.Thanks

Blood_of_Tyrants

If you have lots of white smoke, the problem is TOO MUCH fuel. Take the fuel return check valve off the top of the IP (9/16 wrench) and look inside. There is a small glass ball that is spring loaded to be a back flow check valve. Spray it good with carb cleaner and tap it on a wooden surface to dislodge any garbage in it. You should be able to easily move the glass check ball with a toothpick and should be able to see light through the valve.

rcb

Many thanks to Blood_of_Tyrants and ranchhopper, your advice was right
on the money !!!! Cleaned out the check valve and she ran fine !!!! You
both saved me a considerable amount of time !!!
Thanks Again...
Bob

Last edited: