• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv no start

A little history first. I swapped the v belt for serpentine front end. Cs130 and cs130d alternators. I modified the 130d for the isolated ground. Sofar so good. No fires. Wires and leads reading proper voltages. 12 / 24.

When I purchased the truck someone had already done the manual glow plug switch and relay. My glow plugs and wait to start light are functioning properly. I had some issues with mislabeled leads and pole positions.

I thought I had it figured out. I now realize the pink and black supplies voltage to the relay. The switch is on the other smaller terminal / pole along with the light blue that runs to the glow plug controller. The fuel pump gets voltage from the pink and black on the same pole.

Now im left with one last mystery.

A pink wire that I assume is part of the starter circuit. I assumed this last night as well. I tested in the only terminal positions I could. When I put it on the relay pole with the switch for the glow plugs and attempted to start the truck the gp relay clicked on. I then put it on the 12v junction block. Attempted a start and it acted like I had dead batteries. Starter relay clicks. I hear it. And some of the dash lights go off. Looked normal. Figured batteries were dead. Dead they were not. I just put in 2 new ones and same result.

all the insturment panel lights are working. Except the 24v red backlight which im assuming has somethi g to do with the alternator mod.

Im fairly confident the alternator mod has nothing to do with the no start. Im attaching the nessessary schematics. The charging system does not seem to conflict with the starting system in that manner however I could be wrong.

Currently the pink mystery wire is connected to the 12v junction block. The pink wire goes into the engine wiring harness.

Im about to start testing with volt meter in mean time.

Hope someone can help..

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks