• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV oil cooler lines from NAPA

cucvrus

I have a customer that is dropping off his M1008. He wants NAPA oil cooler lines put on it. He sent me the cooler lines and will be dropping the truck off. he had called me and ask me if I would do the job his were leaking. I said yes I could replace them. Do the Balkamp NAPA lines fit. I have been replacing the hoses and clamping the lines to the OEM barbed aluminum ends. this guy sent me new ones so I will put them on. I would like them to fit the engine the bracket at the engine and be correct in fit and function. Just asking. I am going to needing a set for the Easter Find M1008 and wanted to ask for positive or negative results from the use of these lines. Are the AC Delco ones still available. The GM dealer says NO. I see some on Amazon but they appear to be the same as these NAPA Balkamp ones. Which I suspect are China made. No problem if they fit and do the job.

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rick,
I used the NAPA ones on my M1009. They do fit...sorta. You might need to massage the aluminum bends on the engine side.

The next time I will replace the rubber part and reuse the aluminum ends. The factory aluminum ends are a better fit than the NAPA ones.

cucvrus

genuine.jpg
I have a new flash. A C Delco is NOT genuine GM parts. I call for genuine GM parts the oil lines have been discontinued for about 8 years. If you don't see the GM sticker on parts and they only say A C Delco they are just knock off parts like the rest of them. However when GM and A C Delco were a partnership the parts were A C Delco genuine GM. That is no longer the case. I just spoke with the GM parts dealer again today about some parts that we needed that were discontinued. I said A C Delco lists them. His reply not GM. Check out the M1009 rear window regulators. Compare the current A C Delco with the genuine GM. Not the same quality. One shop in China is producing these parts and A C Delco, Balkamp, NAPA LMC are attaching their names to the parts and marketing them as home store brand with a big name. Even the GM Approved restoration body parts that sold are not the same quality that the original GM body parts were. They are just approving of the parts and getting a financial kick back for approving them. Ever put one of the LMC GM approved doors or fenders on? they are not the same. They work and I use them. But they are NOT as good as the originals. That's what we have to use these days 30+ years after the fact. And we use them. I still like a fixed non rusty body panel over a new Chinese body panel.
ACDelco is a brand, (they really don't make anything) but
GM
itself no longer makes many if any parts themselves.
Technically everything ACDelco sells is Aftermarket. Sad but true. Call your GM parts dealer and ask for Genuine GM oil cooler lines for your CUCV. They are discontinued and now A C Delco offers them.

joshuak

You asked if the AC Delco ones are still available and I shared a link to somebody selling AC Delco lines, just trying to be helpful. I quoted you below maybe you forgot you asked

I have a customer that is dropping off his M1008. He wants NAPA oil cooler lines put on it. He sent me the cooler lines and will be dropping the truck off. he had called me and ask me if I would do the job his were leaking. I said yes I could replace them. Do the Balkamp NAPA lines fit. I have been replacing the hoses and clamping the lines to the OEM barbed aluminum ends. this guy sent me new ones so I will put them on. I would like them to fit the engine the bracket at the engine and be correct in fit and function. Just asking. I am going to needing a set for the Easter Find M1008 and wanted to ask for positive or negative results from the use of these lines. Are the AC Delco ones still available. The GM dealer says NO. I see some on Amazon but they appear to be the same as these NAPA Balkamp ones. Which I suspect are China made. No problem if they fit and do the job.

cucvrus

No I was misled that A C Delco ones where the OEM ones. So I called the GM dealer and referenced the A C Delco part numbers. He said OEM GM ones are discontinued. He also said many people think they are buying genuine GM parts when they reference the A C Delco parts as a comparison. No harm intended. I said why do they list A C Delco lines? He said they are not the same as OEM parts. I appreciate your input joshuak. I was just making the point that all the oil lines I see are all made at the same type of place. They are imports. Thank you for your reply. A C Delco is sold at Walmart also. I did compare the GM parts to A C Delco in the past. Not a huge difference but in the rear M1009 regulators The OEM ones are much better. Just as a word of caution. most parts are about the same quality if they are not OEM. I bought OEM GM parts that are made in China. the hub caps on our 2015 GMC 500 are made in china right from GM. It is a new world market. We are forced to live with it. Most things hold up well others not so good. I prefer to make my own cooler lines. if you cut the old rubber off the connections are barbed. All you need is new hydraulic hose and you are good to go. Oeticker clamps or hose clamps. Same results.

Drock

No I was misled that A C Delco ones where the OEM ones. So I called the GM dealer and referenced the A C Delco part numbers. He said OEM GM ones are discontinued. He also said many people think they are buying genuine GM parts when they reference the A C Delco parts as a comparison. No harm intended. I said why do they list A C Delco lines? He said they are not the same as OEM parts. I appreciate your input joshuak. I was just making the point that all the oil lines I see are all made at the same type of place. They are imports. Thank you for your reply. A C Delco is sold at Walmart also. I did compare the GM parts to A C Delco in the past. Not a huge difference but in the rear M1009 regulators The OEM ones are much better. Just as a word of caution. most parts are about the same quality if they are not OEM. I bought OEM GM parts that are made in China. the hub caps on our 2015 GMC 500 are made in china right from GM. It is a new world market. We are forced to live with it. Most things hold up well others not so good. I prefer to make my own cooler lines. if you cut the old rubber off the connections are barbed. All you need is new hydraulic hose and you are good to go. Oeticker clamps or hose clamps. Same results.
My oil cooler lines have started leaking, and I want to go your route of cutting & replacing the rubber hydraulic hose. The only place local around me that sells it is Napa. Do you buy any chance have a part number for the hydraulic hose you use?

cucvrus

DSCF2988.jpgAC Delco's in picture. Gates 1/2" hydraulic Hose part Number
85964 price is 2.99 a ft. This is Hydraulic hose and is flame resistant. It can be clamped to the barbed ends of the stock aluminum pipes. I think the A C Delco Mainland China lines have steel tubes. They are not aluminum. Very strong and no flex. I am not at all afraid to add the clamps and replacement hoses. I used the same hose on a CVPI because Ford discontinued the replacement lines and wanted over $300. for the new filter adapter and oil lines. NOT. I made them for less then $10. I wrapped the replacement hoses in white paper towel and drove the car every day and just looked at the white towels for leakage. After 2 months I removed the towels and drove on another 100K. Car ended up with a rusted out frame and died in LA because it would not pass CA emissions. Make sure to get premium brand hose clamps. Maybe some spring loaded self locking ones. I think they refer to them as aviation clamps. Have a double band so the worms don't dig into the rubber on the hose. For lack of a better term. Good Luck. I only bought the AC Delco's because people were raving about AC Delco. Just another import part company. If it fits and works I don't care if it was made in Timbuktu.

Drock

View attachment 684034AC Delco's in picture. Gates 1/2" hydraulic Hose part Number
85964 price is 2.99 a ft. This is Hydraulic hose and is flame resistant. It can be clamped to the barbed ends of the stock aluminum pipes. I think the A C Delco Mainland China lines have steel tubes. They are not aluminum. Very strong and no flex. I am not at all afraid to add the clamps and replacement hoses. I used the same hose on a CVPI because Ford discontinued the replacement lines and wanted over $300. for the new filter adapter and oil lines. NOT. I made them for less then $10. I wrapped the replacement hoses in white paper towel and drove the car every day and just looked at the white towels for leakage. After 2 months I removed the towels and drove on another 100K. Car ended up with a rusted out frame and died in LA because it would not pass CA emissions. Make sure to get premium brand hose clamps. Maybe some spring loaded self locking ones. I think they refer to them as aviation clamps. Have a double band so the worms don't dig into the rubber on the hose. For lack of a better term. Good Luck. I only bought the AC Delco's because people were raving about AC Delco. Just another import part company. If it fits and works I don't care if it was made in Timbuktu.
Thank you VERY MUCH. I found it at O'Reilly auto for $2.70 per FT. Hydraulic hose wildly varies in price $$$. Napa wanted almost $8.00 per FT for the stuff they keep in stock. Now I just have to find those oetiker clamps you mentioned in another thread. Thanks again for your help...[thumbzup]

Last edited:

someoldmoose

I am a bit spoiled. I have a very nice connection for ANY hydraulic lines, hoses, etc. almost next door. I had an '84 K-20 that "blew" thru 3 sets of "genuine" hoses under warranty. After the 3rd one left me sitting beside the expressway, oil-less, I had Rusco Hydraulics replace the rubber using the factory ends. Perfection. Right length, crimped ends, fittings went right on as designed, and they never leaked again. Traded her in with over 200K on the clock and I am pretty sure those hoses were the ONLY ones that were still dry. Thanks Rusco.

Last edited:

cucvrus

I deal with Rusco in Lancaster. They do a great job. We have several hydraulic porta packs that they rebuild and service for us. Good guys. And being in Amish country always helps. Amish are a whiz with hydraulics. Small world. Drock I would use worm clamps. Not Oeticker clamps on the oil cooler lines. If I mentioned them on oil cooler lines I don't remember. Simple aviation style double band worm drive clamps work fine. not a lot of pressure you are dealing with. Good Luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks