• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv Paint

edpdx

My paint shop instructor said to clean it and then give it several coats of 2k Urethane Primer. Sand so as not to go through the new primer and paint. That's what I did. Laid on heavy.

cucvrus

Might re-vinyl the top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What. If you are going to add a vinyl top that sure will be easier than painting it. But I would start off by sanding all the gloss paint off with 80 grit DA Sander and once you have it all off and smooth I would remove all the glass and seals and sand the entire top with 180 grit. Blow it all off and check that everything is smooth nd apply a good quality sealer. Something that needs no sanding and can be top coated with the desired finish. Flat paint is very forgiving in a semi dusty environment. I have painted the flat paints outside in the shade with great end results. That is cup gun spraying. Paint bombs do not cover as well and usually you end up with uneven paint flow and lots of dry over sprayed edges. 99.9% of the finished paint job is the result of the complete surface prep before applying finish paint. Do it right the first time. Good Luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks