• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV pickers find 1987 CUCV M1028

cucvrus

While I was at the grocery store last week I receive a tip from a widow that her husband had passed away and she knew I sold him that old Army truck. I did not know her but she said he had passed away and she wanted the darn truck out of there. I made arrangements that evening to go over in the dark and look at it. I put the key in it and wait light came on and it fired right up. She said get it out of here and we can discuss price later. So I drove it to my friends place on her tags and parked it. Today I went over and took a closer look at it in the day light. Not bad. i will be offering it for sale in the classifieds and in the local farm paper. It is a 1987 CUCV M1028 it has 93K on the odometer and new tires and everything is intact. Even a spare tire and wheel in place. Unmolested in any shape or form. the right bed side is a bit rough at the rear tail lamp and the cab corners could use some attention sometime down the road. I drove it home today and it shifts and drives fine. The exhaust/muffler on the left side is loud and leaking. Inside is decent for a 29 year old M1028 Chevy truck. DSCF6093.jpgDSCF6092.jpgDSCF6095.jpgDSCF6090.jpgDSCF6089.jpgDSCF6091.jpgDSCF6087.jpgDSCF6088.jpgDSCF6094.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks