• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv plowing?

swyne

I'm newly registered here. Its looks like a very respectable site. I'm in the market for a cucv 1008 or 1028 (pickup) for snowplowing. I was wondering has anyone tried placing a
Fisher plow set up on one of these trucks. I'm DAV from being in the Seabees and I used
to drive these trucks everyday. If so would anyone have some pics of this. Thankyou

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are good trucks for that. Have a looksee at mangus580s blazer, he did a pretty nice job of hanging a plow on his. Welcome aboard, glad to have another Seabee to pick the brain of.

CCATLETT1984

mike has posted pics of his plow attachment, although if you get a m1008/m1028 a civilian plow setup will bolt right on it. I prefer the western mount that places everything on one bracket then the other mounting options. these trucks can handle 8ft plows no problem.

Westech

CPL
respectable? hmm must have me confused with someone else... anyway most fisher units run off the PS pump and are just TOO SLOW!!!! A western is a really nice set up and still made for the old GM's. Trust me.. 11 years plowing you want a western

swyne

Thanks for the fast response from all of you. I'm in Johnstown,NY. Any pointers on finding the right truck. I'm avid diesel owner. Been running diesels since '88. (Ford) 7.3 IDI, 7.3 DIT 6.0 and a Chevette diesel (3rd one) .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks