• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv question

Loudontn

I just purchased a 1008 with a dana 44 External hubs. All indication k30,20210208_225511.jpg was this original or has someone changed out the 60. Also is there a market for it .20210208_225511.jpg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somebody swapped it. All of the American CUCV pickups had the 60F. I have seen some of the Spicer external hubs bring good money on eBay.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could it be Canadian, I think its an erily 84. I also read there where 3/4 ton version
Yours is not Canadian, data plate says US Property right on it. I think the Canadian versions are from the 70s. Your 44 looks like it's been there for quite some time. Wondering of you don't have a military cab on a civilian frame? GM stopped using the dana 44 during the 77 model year. Check the rear shocks. Are they mounted inside the frame or outside the frame? Also, if you can, sneak up under the front bumper, take a pic of the frame horns. If they are rounded looking, you might have a 70s frame.

Loudontn

Yours is not Canadian, data plate says US Property right on it. I think the Canadian versions are from the 70s. Your 44 looks like it's been there for quite some time. Wondering of you don't have a military cab on a civilian frame? GM stopped using the dana 44 during the 77 model year. Check the rear shocks. Are they mounted inside the frame or outside the frame? Also, if you can, sneak up under the front bumper, take a pic of the frame horns. If they are rounded looking, you might have a 70s frame.
The plot thickens

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a 1 ton frame for sure. I'm perplexed by the front axle since the ubolts look untampered with. UNless, they rolled it in with the leaf springs attached. Does it look like the front leaf spring bolts have been tampered with? If the rear axle is original, it will have 4.56 gears. Looks like the front has 3.73 gears.

Loudontn

It's a 1 ton frame for sure. I'm perplexed by the front axle since the ubolts look untampered with. UNless, they rolled it in with the leaf springs attached. Does it look like the front leaf spring bolts have been tampered with? If the rear axle is original, it will have 4.56 gears. Looks like the front has 3.73 gears.
I put in 4wd no binding like wrong ratio I have a 1010 complet minus trans and transfer case its in the bed looking take two and make one.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I'm perplexed. Having the M1010 as a parts source is a good thing. They have some fairly unique parts in them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks