• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Question

CliffW

On the front where the shackle is and where you would hook up the tow bar up what size is the box tubing and thickness. Also how far does it stick out and what size pins 1” or ¾”.

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If my memory is correct, I saw a document showing the tubing size of 1.5" x 2" with a 1" pin. Don't know how far it sticks out. Anyone show anything different?

CliffW

Re: RE: CUCV Question

mangus580 said:
I can tell you... good luck finding a tube that will slide over it :)
I’m not wanting to slide tube or any thing over them I’m want to build a set for my 05 Dodge 1500 4x4 it has the place to bolt on recovery hooks from dodge. It comes from the factory with a button that will put the running gear in neutral for towing behind a motor home with out pulling the drive shafts. This would make it easer for deuce recovery. I would dive the dodge to the base with all the recovery gear and a tow bar and just tow the dodge home.

I could just guess but I would like to make it as close to the cucv set because I know they work with out binding up.

CliffW

Re: RE: Re: RE: CUCV Question

CCATLETT1984 said:
maybe a guy with a parts truck will pipe up, I'd try to get the mounts from a cucv and just modify the bracket to mount it on your dodge, great idea though.
That would be sweet if I could get a set. anyone got a set they would like to part with?

jj

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: CUCV Question

1.5 in. X 2 in. X .125 in. wall on the tubing. the shackle pins holes are 1 in. dia. The tube itself is 9 in. long with slightly rounded ends. the top of the tube is exposed about 3.5 in. from the bumper. This is on a m-1009. They will hold up to being towed with a HEAVY foot on the dead m-1009's brake pedal to keep the tow chain slack stretched. On the railroad we call this power braking. At my house my wife just thinks the blazer is really heavy.

CliffW

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: CUCV Question

jj said:
1.5 in. X 2 in. X .125 in. wall on the tubing. the shackle pins holes are 1 in. dia. The tube itself is 9 in. long with slightly rounded ends. the top of the tube is exposed about 3.5 in. from the bumper. This is on a m-1009. They will hold up to being towed with a HEAVY foot on the dead m-1009's brake pedal to keep the tow chain slack stretched. On the railroad we call this power braking. At my house my wife just thinks the blazer is really heavy.
jj,
That is the type of info I was looking for thank you and that you to the others that posted. :D

Crash_AF

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: CUCV Question

I've still got the front clip off my 1009, I'll get a couple of pics of the setup without the bumper on it tonight or tomorrow.

Later,
Joe

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor

Cliff,

I have some shackles for you. It will be August before I can get to them to ship them. Usual cost--LOL.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Might try to abscond a set of M880 adapters to work with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks