• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Rear Handle question

soundwaverolling

Hey everyone, new to the forum, hope I'm doin this right.

My question: the rear handle of my 1986 CUCV M1009 is missing the following piece from inside the locking mechanism and i can't install the rest of the handel and get it to lock:

cucv.jpg

Any suggestions where I could get a replacement, or what I could use?

(hopefully without buying a whole new set for $100, because I already have every other piece)

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a seller on fleabay that sells M1009 parts. He many have one.

Also you need to include your state in your user profile. It is a site requirement

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One MINOR word of warning about these particular parts (rear handle) from LMC. Not their fault, but they are made in China and SOME of them are poorly made pot metal.

I think I got those pieces from a Chevy dealer or perhaps from a Chevy parts house online for only a little more and they were NOT pot metal, but properly made for Chevy by one of their suppliers as NOS. BUT, you can always start with LMC and if it doesn't work, you then would have the ability to remove and reinstall a different set further down the road.

Just my .02 - I have found a rusty part out of a junk yard dog, properly cleaned up and installed can save you problems down the road.

stationjj

Yes, I also suggest LMC.

I have rebuilt my the rear handle on my M1009. I got parts from LMC that came with a chrome handle.
you can get black handle on Ebay.

It was a real pain to putting all back together.

There is a link on SS on putting it back together with Pictures.

stationjj