• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV replacement parts

welpro222

I just wanted to post this for people looking for replacement parts for there cucv's. I see alot of people trying to order parts for a M1008/09 at the local auto store and the clerk just can't seem to find the vehicle.

All the suspension parts for the M1009 are the same as a civi k5 blazer. The front axle itself (including housing, knuckles, spindle, wheel bearings, ball joints, and steering components) are the same on any ?-87 (88-91) K10/K20 (SUB/k5) with the GM 10 bolt axle. On 88 and newer subs/k5 the axle spline count is greater.

The GM 10 bolt was used on most all gm trucks excluding the K30 series, if it doesn't then it has a dana 44.

Most all the parts on the M1009 will be the same as the civi K5 except the 6.2 diesel electrical system, CDR system, Turbo 400/NP208.

Same goes for the M1008, it is a civi K30 of like year, with exception of the 6.2 diesel electrical system and CDR system.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just wanted to post this for people looking for replacement parts for there cucv's. I see alot of people trying to order parts for a M1008/09 at the local auto store and the clerk just can't seem to find the vehicle.

All the suspension parts for the M1009 are the same as a civi k5 blazer. The front axle itself (including housing, knuckles, spindle, wheel bearings, ball joints, and steering components) are the same on any ?-87 (88-91) K10/K20 (SUB/k5) with the GM 10 bolt axle. On 88 and newer subs/k5 the axle spline count is greater.

The GM 10 bolt was used on most all gm trucks excluding the K30 series, if it doesn't then it has a dana 44.

Most all the parts on the M1009 will be the same as the civi K5 except the 6.2 diesel electrical system, CDR system, Turbo 400/NP208.

Same goes for the M1008, it is a civi K30 of like year, with exception of the 6.2 diesel electrical system and CDR system.
They are based off a 1984 model year with a J code motor for parts reference.

welpro222

Most auto parts stores won't list the c/j code engine, they r usually automatically listed with corresponding truck they should be in (K10/K20 series). The only parts specific to the c-code motor is the EGR system / intake manifold, the drivers side exhaust manifold, the size of the intake/exhaust valves, and the fuel flow of the injector pump.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is listed in the CUCV FAQ sticky. The 1984 K30 trucks did indeed have the J code engine. The K5s only had the C code engines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks