• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV road trip Martinsburg WV to Atlanta .

whiskerz

I am probably making this trip in a CUCV with a trailer sometime in the next week or so . Any suggestions ideas , places to see along the way words of wisdom or jokes are all appreciated .

I have not been on here in a while I sold my M151a1 a long time ago .

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stay alert, stay alive. Visit the safety forum. There is a super good safety thread going on right now. Stock upnon some of the safety supplies and you will likely never need them. Welcome back to the mix.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Done that trip SO many times on both the I-81 and the I-95 way from Frederick to Newnan. Not including civilian vehicles, I've performed that trip well over two dozen times round trip in two different M1009s, my M35A2 and even once in an MTV. If you are going light and they are not expecting bad weather in the mountains, I'd go the I-81 to I-75, it's faster and much less traffic. If your towing a heavy load and/or they are expecting ice/snow in the mountains then take the I-95 to I-85.

I-81 the D-Day Monument but it's off the beaten path.

I-85 the 101 Airborne training area at Toccoa (spelling) GA.

I-95 there is a museum at Ft Lee, VA (near Richmond) but not sure if it is still behind the fence and if so, you might have to undergo a vehicle inspection.

CAF has a bunch of old planes at the Peachtree City Airport and there is a helicopter history group to the east of there which some of their members belong to this website.

Go on down to Benning and see the Infantry Museum (which is located outside the fence, so no vehicle inspection required). It's worth it and is only another 85 miles from Newnan.

There is a science and technology museum on I-75 northwest of Kennesaw which is neat and has a few military items. It is a GREAT museum if you have kids also. My kids had a ball there and didn't want to leave.

Eat a Peach in GA, and (just to say you "done it"), consider rolling down a section of:

- U.S Route 41
What's so great about rolling down US Hwy 41? I used to live in Appleton, WI and US 41 goes by there. I took US 41 back and forth to Green Bay from Appleton all the time, especially in the fall.
Aaron Rodgers NFC Champion.jpg