• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV shifting HARD hanging on to gears far too long.

DrFoster

One other problem I need ot work out on the 84 6.2L CUCV I'm working with is a hard shift issue

Again, only 61K on it. When shifting at low throttle, it hangs on to the gears way too long, then finally smashes itself into the next gear.

Under full throttle, it shifts smoothly and on time.

Any advice here is also greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Robert

CCATLETT1984

check the vacuum lines, sounds like you have a vac leak.
if lines are good check how much vac you have at the trans at idle.
if vac is low, it could be the regulator on the side of the pump, or the vac pump itself.

Hasdrubal

My M1009 had the same symptoms, the vacuum regulator has failed, its the black plastic unit on the side of the IP with all the rubber vacuum lines coming out of it. Quick ad hoc fix that I did was to switch the lines around on the unit so that the line coming out of the vacuum pump is connected directly to the line going to the tranny. Shifts early and smooth, only drawback being you have to manually shift into 2nd gear when going up hills.....Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks