• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Signal Problems

44CCKW

I have a 84 CUCV 1009,The right side signal will not flash.When you turn it on the rear light gets brighter but the front doesnt and neither flash.It is only the right side that doesnt work.I have changed the flasher and all of the bulbs,Still no good.Any ideas??

Dabba

if you changed the relay and the bulbs and checked the fuse, i think the next step would be to check the connections/wires, which is probably a pretty hairy process

nk14zp

This may sound dumb but try your four way switch see if the four ways work front and rear. if so that rules out bulbs wires etc. if so or of not work the four way switch alot of times to make sure you have clean contacts in the four way switch.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had the same issue. It was a cracked ground strap/contact inside the front bulb socket. Replaced the sockets and all works fine.

allrevup

Ditto, Clean the light bulb suckets with a brass wire bruch, remove any corrotion buildup apply electromotive grease to prevent it from reocuring. I really do not know how relevant this may be but a few years back I had britness/flashing diference problem after changing a burnt light bulb in a old diesels MB'z after also rulling out the flasher and connections turn out to be the different resistance from different brand light bulbs and they were the correct replacement

44CCKW

I got it!!,After about 3 hours of tests and tracing the front signal wire back to the steering column I found a bad connection .It was where the two wiring harness join.Where the signal harness clips to the steering column harness!

mistaken1

I got it!!,After about 3 hours of tests and tracing the front signal wire back to the steering column I found a bad connection .It was where the two wiring harness join.Where the signal harness clips to the steering column harness!

That is some good sleuthing. Congratulations on the repair.

bht50

This may sound dumb but try your four way switch see if the four ways work front and rear. if so that rules out bulbs wires etc. if so or of not work the four way switch alot of times to make sure you have clean contacts in the four way switch.

Maybe dumb question but where is the 4-way hazard switch on an m1008? I checked all over on my 1986 m1008 and couldnt find it anywhere.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks