• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Snow Plow Trucks and Spreaders

cucvrus

Soon you will be buying ice to keep things cold. Maybe you should save some of this free ice for later on?
I made some huge snow piles with the loader and the lot pusher. I think we will have snow up till Memorial day. Cleaning up piles of snow with a 3 yard bucket is like trying to empty a box car of salt with a teaspoon. Mindless, monotonous work. But it pays well. And with a heated cab it is nice also. Take Care. I think I had enough snow for now. Today looks like a melt day. That brings a different mess to deal with. Be Safe.

cucvrus

This is after Mondays 6" snow. The piles are higher than my truck. Today brought 60* weather and a massive melt is under way. P1000740.JPGP1000739.JPG
The CUCV M1008 spreader truck has a broken main shaft in the transmission. It would go in gear but no power was transmitted thru the transfer case. I removed the transfer case and started the truck. When I put it in gear I could spin the out put shaft in reverse. When I placed it in park it would grind like when you put a vehicle in park while moving. I have done that a few times. I'm sure we all have. I remember one of the drivers driving the M1009 plow tuck while plowing and hearing a strange sound. He came back and said he smelled something hot. The starter was still engaged and running for about 1/2 and hour. Clueless. It was in need of a starter after that. Take Care. Be Safe.

FrankenCub

After at least 3 years looking for a complete plow set up for my M1008 I finally found one that hasn't been bubba'd beyond recognition. After last year's 4' of snow in my driveway there's no way I was going to pass this up.
2 hour ride into PA to pick it up turned into 4.5 hour ride home in low range after transfer case let go on the highway.

Anywho, what Western calls the thrust arm unit, bolts to the push beam and bolts to the truck frame by the bump stops, will not clear the sway bar. I have a pdf from Western so I know the parts are correct. Was something different used on 1 ton trucks?

D6T

After at least 3 years looking for a complete plow set up for my M1008 I finally found one that hasn't been bubba'd beyond recognition. After last year's 4' of snow in my driveway there's no way I was going to pass this up.
2 hour ride into PA to pick it up turned into 4.5 hour ride home in low range after transfer case let go on the highway.

Anywho, what Western calls the thrust arm unit, bolts to the push beam and bolts to the truck frame by the bump stops, will not clear the sway bar. I have a pdf from Western so I know the parts are correct. Was something different used on 1 ton trucks?
Did you post your desires here in the forum?

I know at least one person in Vermont with a complete Fisher Speedcast setup for sale, and another whom is a member here and if I recall has everything but the blade.

o1951

BUMMER!

FrankenCub

Did you post your desires here in the forum?

I know at least one person in Vermont with a complete Fisher Speedcast setup for sale, and another whom is a member here and if I recall has everything but the blade.
No, I was looking locally. The only truck I have is my M1008 so not into long drives.

FrankenCub

I had Western plows on CUCV trucks. I never had to remove a front sway bar. I still have the plow mount from Big Red M1008. Oh, the Horror. View attachment 856451 View attachment 856452 View attachment 856453 View attachment 856454 All good things must come to an end.
Well it certainly looks like I shouldn't have any problems by your pictures. I held them in place real quick to look and they were against the sway bar. I just got the headgear and pushbeam mounted today so I'll try them again after I warm up some.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks