• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Spare Parts

stationjj

Hello,

I would like to get input on spare parts we should consider for backup. The CUCVs are 30 years old and certain parts are getting harder to find or price increase.
For Example a few years ago when John still operated CUCV Electric I bought spare GP cards for $45. Now the cost is higher.

I understand its hard to determine what to store as spare parts as this changes. I am looking for suggestions.

Thank You,

John

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alternators are CUCV specific. Starter relays are getting hard to find.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Parts that are getting hard to find:

CDR valve
IP Throttle Vacuum Valve
Power Steering bracket
Oil Cooler tubes
Throttle Cables

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fuel injection lines are no longer made for the 6.2. The old ones are known to get brittle and start leaking with age or milage. I had three lines weeping at the injector pump and decided to replace all the rest while I had it apart. It took me 4 months to find all eight NOS lines.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I solved my parts problem by finding a pretty complete truck for under a grand in OK, I even got a maint. type bed in the deal.!IMG_0581.jpgIMG_0688.jpg

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When ever I find a 3/4t suburban I buy it. Too many are getting crushed.

Ilikemtb999

Fuel injection lines are no longer made for the 6.2. The old ones are known to get brittle and start leaking with age or milage. I had three lines weeping at the injector pump and decided to replace all the rest while I had it apart. It took me 4 months to find all eight NOS lines.
Are you talking of the rubber lines or the metal lines?