• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV speaker bar

gt1009

I would like to see pictures if you figure out how to fit that in a blazer. My friend has one on his jeep and it mounts to the rollcage, so I'm not sure how to mount it in our trucks. It would be a cool upgrade though.

pc3nmcb

I would like to see pictures if you figure out how to fit that in a blazer. My friend has one on his jeep and it mounts to the rollcage, so I'm not sure how to mount it in our trucks. It would be a cool upgrade though.
I have a friend that has one on his Gator, it bolts in.

AJMBLAZER

Do you already have speakers in the more conventional places?

Seems to me that those speakers would more or less just sit there and deafen you. Didn't like them in my buddy's Jeep as by the time they were loud enough to hear over the wind noise they were screaming and oy yeah, barely a foot from your head.

pc3nmcb

Do you already have speakers in the more conventional places?

Seems to me that those speakers would more or less just sit there and deafen you. Didn't like them in my buddy's Jeep as by the time they were loud enough to hear over the wind noise they were screaming and oy yeah, barely a foot from your head.
I don't have a radio set up yet, just kicking around ideals. There are not that thick so I think you would lose maybe 3 to 4 inches head room. I am the age I still like my music louder. My biggest thought is I need a dome light plus I need speakers (kill 2 birds with 1 stone).

AJMBLAZER

I'm 30 but four years in the Marines around F-18's at take off burn and a lifetime of guns and loud vehicles have made me appreciate my hearing.

I think you'd get better quality speakers and sound by just buying the appropriate speakers for the dash, doors, and/or rear sides next to the seat and wired it in as the civilian trucks would be. Don't expect good speakers if you get the whole thing for $100.

Dome light...I just bought a $7 LED stick on "touch light" at a home improvement store and stuck it to the ceiling. Works fine. Batteries should last forever at this rate and it's also adjustable.

pc3nmcb

Dome light...I just bought a $7 LED stick on "touch light" at a home improvement store and stuck it to the ceiling. Works fine. Batteries should last forever at this rate and it's also adjustable.[/quote]

Does it stick with the cold weather and off road (not jumping hills just trails) or can it be mounted.

AJMBLAZER

You stick a base to the metal and the light mounts to it. Sticks just fine cold or hot and you'd have to destroy the truck to get it to come off.

bht50

I have kicked around the speaker bar idea too. I found a bunch of them on ebay for decent prices but I wasnt sure how much room they would take up. I wanted the dome light too because I got the LED touch light and it doesnt put out very much light I think it has 3 or 4 LEDS in it. I have two speaker boxes behind the seat now and you cant really hear them because of the seat, and my dash board is so cracked if I touched it it will probably turn to dust so I avoid mesing with it.

bbbang

I had though about such an item for my M1009. I also have a Mastercraft wakeboard boat that has a tower and speakers mounted on that tower. I am in the process of putting a modest lift and roll cage in the M1009. I was considering installing a pretty nice amped up stereo system and maybe trying a couple of wake board tower speakers mounted in the back to the soon to be completed roll cage, in addition to some other speakers. The tower speakers would be out of the way and I could run the wiring through the roll cage pipe. I would use those two speakers in conjunction with some other speakers in front. My boat has great sound, anyone tried anything like this in their M1009. If so I would be interested in pictures and opinion on the sound. Chris

I just built boxes and put them on the fenders, pointing toward the roof. I also built small shallow boxes that fit in the kick panel space. For a light I also went the led way, with a ceramic magnet affixed to it, so I can place where I need it. I went on ebay and found a stereo that fit the old cut out for it, then a cd player w/ a car kit, and lastly an fm transmitter for playing off of mp3's, memory cards and such. Waiting on the eq/power booster.