• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Starter GB CLOSED

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Since there are two lots 13 and 14 would we have enough folks to do both of them ? I would be in for two and since there are 13 in the lot that would leave 11 more and we could do the same deal as the other lot. I would put up the money on this lot. Let me know through this board and we might be able to get them all

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
If there is interest in another set of starters we could definitely put together an a second GB for lot 14. The money is actually not a problem as long as everyone pays on time while the EUC is in limbo as payment to GL is not due till it clears. I will start a new list at the head of this thread for Alternates and others interested in 2nd GB. We will see what happens.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
I would LOve one! I would pay more for a crack at the 2nd lot..I just had my M1008 starter rebuilt last week for 150.00!!..Works like new now, Spins the motor over like crazy..Now if I can find a good set of Glow plugs...I guess I will order the ones on Ebay. from INDUSA...
Kevin...Let me know I can send Paypal or a check..

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Bidding starts on the 19th of this month,are we in agreement who is going to be the bidder for each lot? I was ready to do this for lot 14 since 13 was already spoken for is this correct because I want to put in a bid if no other SS is funding this lot for the GB.

Thanks

testpilot94539

CUCV Starters

Im new to the forum and the vehicle, but if this is a 24V CUCV starter I am glad to buy one as well. This thread is old so I dont know if this is still active or an option. Let me know if this is an issue and how to get the money to the appropriate party

gasser

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
Bidding starts on the 19th of this month,are we in agreement who is going to be the bidder for each lot? I was ready to do this for lot 14 since 13 was already spoken for is this correct because I want to put in a bid if no other SS is funding this lot for the GB.

Thanks
From what I can tell, I think you are clear on Lot #14. I was thinking about putting in a bid on that lot, but seems like you got it handled.

-graham

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
*UPDATE*
Well it was close on GB #2, but there are not enough people to make it happen. ARMYMAN30YearsPlus and others have talked about trying a smaller GB, and may contact people on that. I hope we can get enough starters for everyone here. I will be driving out tomorrow to inspect everything, so we all should be safe on this with luck.

For the GB #1 participants. If anyone has to change their participation status please post here, or PM me. I will update the list as things change.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ok Friends I have a bid on lot 14 and will do the group buy thing if I win it my GL last four is 4819 so if I win it the folks here interested in one will get one at the average price I wind up paying if I win it.

M1075

David-

Please put me down for one. I think the group buy is a great idea, and it worked good on the towbars at Fort Riley. However, anyone reviewing this thread (GL shill bidders inlcuded) knows just what we are willing to pay, $1200-$1300 per lot. It will be interesting to see where the bidding goes. Maybe next time we should rethink putting the bid amounts out in public?

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
M1075 please remove the figures that you posted. There is no point in you making it easier for others to figure out what the max bid will be even if it is obvious to those who bother read the thread. I had already asked you this in private. There is no way to run a GB on a auction like this in a public forum with this many participants that I know of.

peyton

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
Still winning this one even with it higher than the other lot I will honor all folks who want one in the order you post this on the thread.
I'll take one if there are any left.

Peyton