• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV starter on 350 Gas

Nicholas

I figured I would ask over here since CUCV parts are your domain. I am converting a M715 to a 350 V8 and have access to a CUCV gear reduction starter. I have done a number of searches here and on the M715 site with conflicting "yes" and "no" on it working. Anybody here know what issues will come up such as flywheel teeth issues, engagement issues, etc. Any help would be great.
Thanks

kassim503

I know the CUCV and all 6.x diesel starters use a larger gear to engage the flywheel. This larger gear would not engage the flywheel on most gasser flywheels, and a gasser starter wont link up with a diesel. This is just from personal experience, there may be a flywheel size for certain years that would work

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks