• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Starter Supplier

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DB Electrical 107.00 new with a one year warranty go look on Ebay I put one one works great . the best price I have seen on a NEW STARTER.
AEC Retired Tony

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm, I have purchased other items from DB Electrical, on eBay. I would not hesitate to buy from them.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was only saying that they are a very good ebay seller, and I was very satisfied with their service and products. I have NOT purchased a cucv starter from them.

When it comes to Alternators, Generators and Starters, I have a local re-builder that serves my needs, or I try do it myself.

noel.isaac

Here is the place I said I would post about the starters it is BD Electrical 5359 Kingdport Hwy.
Gray Tenn 37615 Web Site www.db-starter-alternator-com sorry for being late with this I did not go the shop over the weekend to get but here it is now
Tony AEC Retired
2 M35A1
3 M34A2
1 M561
1 M1031
1 M1008
2 M1009
5 M105A2
I just got one of these starters put into my 1009 last night, works great except the front support bracket bolt doesn't line up with the bracket. several inches off.

noel.isaac

I just got one of these starters put into my 1009 last night, works great except the front support bracket bolt doesn't line up with the bracket. several inches off.

One more thing, it took 4 days for payment to process through paypal, so just pay for it with a credit card. I think it was $125 total from DB. as for long durability, i have no clue. started the truck and went to the bar.

jdemaris

Hmm, I have purchased other items from DB Electrical, on eBay. I would not hesitate to buy from them.
I've bought many new starters from DB. Many for my 6.2 diesels and also for my 7.3 Ford-IH and several diesel farm tractors. Never had any trouble with D B or the Chinese starters. Some I've bought new for $95.

bimota

Can anyone detail the difference between the 27MT and 28MT starters? It appears they may be a difference here that is key.

Does the 205 and 208 transfer case make a difference in the CUCV starter? Probably not - just trying to get it right.

bimota

Request for starter issues to be consolidated and added to CUCV Wiki.

Dear Moderator - after looking and eventually finding several starter threads with different and sometimes bad info - is there a process to get the Wiki updated with all the right info?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can contact any moderator with updated info. Then as a group the moderators will decide if updating is needed. This applies to any truck or Wiki.

For the CUCV we have sort of moved away from the Wiki except for part numbers etc and now use the CUCV Helpful Threads sticky for how-to's. We already have a starter section.

PM me with what you would like to see added.

As you have found sometimes you can't believe everything you read on the internet. ;-)

bimota

So the CUCV Wiki only covers the starter relay - I did not find anything in the CUCV about starter choices, mounting, replacing bolts or brackets. All of which I found all over the place in multiple different threads - some covered multiple times. Plus, several threads mentioned broken blocks and stripped bolts and torn up flex plates. All in many cases likely catastrophic to a green-beans efforts to resto and old truck.
Plus the $98 specials being sold or the $280 rebuilds seem to be in general poor or at least random quality - so it would seem a first class starter supplier might be a good sponsor. I digress - the main goal being avoiding destroying good engines by poor starter replacement.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks