• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV starting problems

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi again. I've taken it to a mechanic. He thinks the fuel filter housing is leaking. Anyone know of the part number for that and where to buy it? I'm looking on LMC now but not finding it.

cucvrus

Fix the leak in the filter base. If it is the quarter sized pressure switch you replace that switch or eliminate it completely. That is NOT needed. I always put a self taping screw in that hole if it is bad. and fill the hole with JB Weld. It seals the leak and does the job. If you want let the wires still come out and like I said the switch is useless. It is only used for that never used diagnostic connector under the dash. But you could just swap a spin on filter. I remove them and repair the stock system. That's just me. But finding these leaks and maintaining a sealed fuel system is all part of being a CUCV owner. It really is not that difficult. If it leaks find and fix the leak. Makes future diagnostics from afar much easier. Good Luck.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
New factory ones are still available online or post your needs in the Parts wanted section.

I’ve bought two (one installed, one for spare) and they both have the fuel pressure sensor location completely removed from factory.
They’ve gone up in price but still worth it.

The spin-on filter mod takes up a lot of space and I simply don’t like how it looks.
Lots of guys have done it.

Original style works great for me and it’s never leaked a drop.
Just as easy to change filters.

MarcusOReallyus

There’s a brand new one on the big auction site right now.
That would be eBay, correct? It's not a bad word around here. It's perfectly fine to say eBay. There never has been any rule against it. There used to be a rule against linking to live auctions, on any site, but that was changed a few years back:

Auction Postings:
Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• You may post links to auctions. However, you MUST observe the previous rules about collusion. Any discussion about bidding and the thread will be deleted and infractions given.
• Keep in mind, if it's a active auction and the bids are low, bringing it up to everyone's attention might very well turn that low bid into a high one.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would be eBay, correct? It's not a bad word around here. It's perfectly fine to say eBay. There never has been any rule against it. There used to be a rule against linking to live auctions, on any site, but that was changed a few years back:
I’m very well aware of the rules.
I personally don’t like eBay and will not mention their name unless absolutely necessary.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks