• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Surveillance Truck

Skinny

A truck with a 6.2 diesel doesn't make for any type of covert super secret operations ;)

Sweet rig! If I had an M1008 I would be all over one of those shelters.

As far as being near the southern border...forget the surveillance, just put a remote mounted 50 cal in place of the camera!

dtdoyle01

I was serious. Any chance you'll explain what you surveil?

I've never been to a desert before.
The truck has numerous uses, as of now it is still in the testing phase with three different software programs. I have contracts set up with two local law enforcement agencies and a border group that will use it has a platform to test their equipment. Law enforcement will use it to monitor smuggling routes.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that is a great use! I was thinking it was for some type of recreation/hobby(and was wondering what that could be).

Very cool.

Thanks

dtdoyle01

IMG_0664.jpgIMG_0665.jpg
Here are the pictures of the mast stowed.

I'm admiring that mast. Does it park for travel by rotating toward the rear? I think I see a resting place for it at the top rear corner of the shelter. How much does it stick up above the shelter, deployed, and stowed?

thanks, great setup!

Bob
WB4ETT

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the current version is the QEAMS mast, but that info is a good 4 years old. I don't have anything even close to this in my motorpool here or at my last duty station.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks