• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Switches, Diodes, Relays

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking over the wiring diagrams and wanted to identify all the in-dash relays, diodes and switches. So here you go.

For a better picture -
Right Click on thumbnail and choose "Open Link in New Window"

If anyone has suggestions for additional photos, please let me know.

Attachments

Last edited:

captw

Switches, diodes, relays, etc.

Warthog...great job...if I may...there is a a diode for the horn, wrapped in tape in the harness above the fuse bloch, near the horn relay...when I got truck, this diode was blown, and gave me grief until I tracked down the little sucker hidden in the tape of the harness...when the b/o switch was in the normal mode, the horn was activated constantly...at least it shook out any corrosion in the horn...Wilf

Crash_AF

The ground in pic 10 can also be up on the side of the dash bolted in the small hole that is above the large hole to the left of his ground location. Three of my 1009s and my 1008 are wired that way. Just look for that 6 prong ground 'comb' and you'll find it. BTW, if you have weird dash problems, check there first. If that ground is broken, it will wreak havoc with the dash electrics.

Later,
Joe

tripp2727

man you guys never cease to amaze me with the knowledge sometimes. if there is a bad contact at that ground would it be safe to assume that none of my running lights, horn, or b/o lights would work? i think some moisture might have corroded that contact and thats my whole problem. cant wait to check it when i get home.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And this list is growing.

There are three more Diodes to check. One on the Horn Relay and one each on the Hazard Flasher socket and the Turn Signal Flasher socket.

I'll see if I can get some pictures

Dstang97 found the hazard diode....
and Captw found the horn diode.

Thanks and keep the tips coming.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sergiopc

What would happen if you just cut all the diode's out?????? I am having a issue with horn, and lights in the dash and drivers rear light light is BRIGHT as **** like if the brake light was on???? Thanks

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No need to cut out the diodes unless they are bad.

The light issues are a totally different issue.

This thread is for information only, not troubleshooting.

Just to clarify. Some of the diodes for the truck are nessesary. Some are not.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, that was easy!

mutt1966

I need some help Iam looking for the 2 GEN Relay location is it located by the starter Relay and the STE-ICE Port or is it behind the instrament panel. Thanks Scott O&O

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The GEN2 and Voltmeter relay are next to the starter relay. They look the same and have the same wire colors. You will have to test to find the correct one.

ke6rwj

creating havoc one broken bolt at a time...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In all fairness, the radio shack number isn't a "spec" its only their catalog number. The Term(s) to search google for is "1N5404" or "3 AMP General Purpose Diode". As long as its at LEAST a 3 amp or GREATER Diode then your fine. You can order them by the bushel from Digikey, and they are higher quality than Radio Shack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks