• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV to Canada

cucvrus

How does one go about sending/exporting a CUCV into Canada from Pennsylvania. And can the man just pay me and leave? I will transfer the title here before he leaves. Will he be able to cross the border from USA to Canada with a full military CUCV? What will I need to do? Any educated answers. No guesses or maybes?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How does one go about sending/exporting a CUCV into Canada from Pennsylvania. And can the man just pay me and leave? I will transfer the title here before he leaves. Will he be able to cross the border from USA to Canada with a full military CUCV? What will I need to do? Any educated answers. No guesses or maybes?
Was it sold with a EUC ?
For many years they had EUC's and for a while some auctions did and some didn't before they changed the de-mill code.
If it sold with a EUC it needs approval to export.

blueblaze

I've done this multiple times. The EUC's do not matter. Canadians are exempt and always have been. The US border just checks the VIN number matches the title and that's it. You don't need to transfer the title. The man can just pay you and leave with the clear title. Assuming the buyer knows what he's doing he'll have to have some other things prepared for the border crossing but as far as the seller is concerned, you take the cash, bill of sale and sign off on the title. The title just gets taken by the Canadian govt and thrown in the garbage.

cucvrus

Blue Blaze that is what the man told me. I don't have a EUC for it. I bought it back in 1996 and sold it and it came back to me. I have a clear Pennsylvania title and that is what I will be legally transferring. I can't just sign the title and hand it off. But I can get my signature notarized on the title and send a bill of sale. I assume they will send a shipper to get it. I also believe you need a valid passport to enter Canada.

blueblaze

Well if you want to pay to have it notarized I guess that's up to you. I've bought many a truck in the states, military or not and have never had the seller notarize a title. I would think that would save you money, but I'm not sure. In Canada we don't use notary's for vehicle transfers or for much else really. They just use the title to transfer VIN information and vehicle weight and then it gets filled under "G." On the note of the EUCs, the US govt has deemed Canadians as being exempt unless it comes to odd stuff like anything to do with WMD or top secret airforce technology etc. Not a 30 yr old chevy pickup. You do need a passport to enter Canada. I have family living in New York so it was always convenient to have trucks and parts sent there before I went and picked it up myself as brokerage fees are beyond ridiculous. That guy must really want the truck considering the currency exchange rate is around 26% right now. These trucks are getting really hard to find in good shape in the Great White North so maybe desperation is apart of it. Even a rusted M1008 is worth around 4500 aslong as its complete. If its rust free think upwards of 8000-10000 or more depending. The blazers seem to fetch even more money. Anyways, I hope your transaction goes well and both parties are happy. Cheers

cucvrus

Open signature titles are illegal. They must be notarized and ID presented when signing the title. Otherwise everyone could sign the title and transfer it. I seen guys that carried the title in the glove box. We used to race for pink slips/titles back in the 70's. It was always a threat that made the other person back down. I remember a guy with a Mustang wanted to race me. I had a Gran Fury with a 440 Dana 60 rear axle. I had 410 gears in the rear and it was a rocket off the line. he lost. Had a lien on his title. He said he had $1500. in the engine alone. I had $350. in the entire 1977 Plymouth Gran Fury. Pennsylvania State Police car. Bought at the state auction. Oh well good story. Not to bore you. Thank you for the sound advise and good information. It is right on with what the buyer is telling me. Another CUCV going from the stable.

FrankenCub

I've bought a few vehicles out of Pa, notary is required for the sale. I got tripped up once buying a truck with a PA title and not notarized. What a PITA. Notary isn't required in NY though.

eme411

Steel Soldiers Supporter
tell him to use a broker for his paper work , not a big deal , I've done it with all the vehicles that I have brought in from both the US and Europe, they know all the rules and changes inside and out and Customs requires a 72 hour time line to clear the vehicle, the broker looks after the taxes and they send you a bill for the taxes and the brokerage fee , bottom line no stress, he will also need to know where he will cross and let the broker know,

cucvrus

DSCF4746.jpgDSCF4822.jpgEaster Find never went North. Everything went South. Not sure what went wrong but I guess I was not trusting a Canadian check or money order and that made someone a bit heated. All is well. No food has been given to the M1008 thus far. So 2 people that talked the big talk and never showed up with the cash. Such is life. Happens all the time. Took it for a little spin around the block and back in storage again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks