• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV tool kit...what do you carry?

Cucvnut

I looked it up, and that is slick! I might have to order one of those. That's solves the where am I am going to put it part. I have a empty jerry can in there now, but I have no intention of keeping fuel in it. That would allow me make that usuable space. Thanks!

you could cut open the jerry can and put a hinge on it and weld some shelves in to it and mount a lock on it and have the door facing the inside of the bed or truck or wherever and you would have the same thing.

edpdx

I carry my truck tools in a .50 caliber Ammo Can. They have been selected for my C20- see my avatar. It has the 350 so some of the tools crossover. I was thinking about adding another .50 cal ammo can with the tools that are needed beyond what I have in my original truck set. This can would have the metrics and other tools/supplies that I can leave in the M1009 all the time.

I am moving my tire carrier out and using the space to make a lock-down rack to hold both cans side-by-side. A hinged strap with a padlock to keep theives from thinking that a break-in might yield them a quick score.

Then it is a matter of moving my one tool box to the vehicle I am taking. I have duplicate tools; but I like certain wrenches that I can't find at the store anymore, so I don't mind making the switch as needed.

edpdx

Check this out on ebay: 50 cal ammo can BOX LOCK

Cool; idea but the puny padlock that fits through the pin is not much of a hassle to get through.

JB

I keep a ratchet set, normal wreches, screwdrivers, slave cable with adapter, rags, glow plug card, voltage relay, belts. All except slave cable in a SAW can mounted in the rear mount. I also keep a gallon of anti freeze and 1-2 quarts of oil tucked back there. Oh yeah MRE'sjust in case and gatorade in the summer.

cfish

Cell phone, flash light, and my 1911 with extra mag. The 1911 is to pass the time plinking while waiting for my ride after I call with my cell phone. Oh and my back pack with water MRE and a good book if I run out of ammo waiting for the tow truck!!

combatmech

Glow plug card, GP relay, belts, misc tools, zip ties, ordie tape, two tubes of sealant, light bulbs, tire jack that works, roll of shop towels....and several hammers locked up in an old footlocker.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks