• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV torque converter help.

CutBeef

I need some input on my torque converter. I say converter because i think its the problem. When i select drive or reverse it does not clunk in. You cant even feel it. You have to give it some rpm to even go. However , the tranny works in all 3 gears and reverse once you do go . What do you think ?
I picked up this blazer cheap after the old owner let it sit all summer. It runs really well tho. Now it just sits in my barn.
Thanks !

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you check the obvious, the ATF level? Mine acts like that when it is about 2 quarts low.

JAsher45

if it is low on fluid it will not work correctly. i would doubt that the TQ converter would just be going bad i would check for line pressure the pump maybe going bad or weak.. you can find the steps to test in the 20 manual i believe

BIG_RED

Chevy converters are usually pretty solid, but my buddy had an old mercedes that did exactly the same thing. Pretty sure it turned out to be the converter. We ended up scraping the whole car - and he bought a chevy truck :) it's still going strong.

CutBeef

The ATF is full and clean. Ill check the pump this weekend. Thanks!
We are starting a mv club in west michigan. So far we have 3 m1009's and 1 m1008 in the pack . I love these old CUCV's !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks