• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv up for auction more than one time...

jworth94

When you see a cucv that comes up more than once at a GL auction what do you initially assume? A problem with the seller and getting a proper euc, or is it usually an issue with the vehicle?

Just curious about this. An earlier post about a problem cucv in Richmond got me thinking about this.

Thanks for the input.

Jon

Shop Rat Fab

I think the seller had a concern with getting their EUC approved. From what I understand once you win the bid and your EUC gets approved you own it no backing out when you see it but i could be wrong.

HeadWizard

The Richmond cucv was damaged by GL after the sale and the sale was canceled at the request of the buyer and the graciousness of the GL gods.:)

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen the same pics used in different auctions.
People have seen pics of the trucks they already have at home, being used on current auctions.
Unfortunately you can not trust the pics or descriptions in the GL auctions.
Read their rules, they even admit that fact in writing.

ryan77

I cant wait to see what condition mines in when i pick it at warner robbins, if i get the euc back this year.

jworth94

I wonder how often GL damages something after the sale? I suppose it's probably hard to tell since a lot of us bid without a thorough inspection.

Does the offending party in Richmond still have a job?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It could have been a lot of things:

1) The bidder's EUC was not approved.
2) The bidder backed out when he went to retrieve the truck because of undisclosed problems.
3) The bidder overpaid for the truck and backed out when he realized he could have gotten a truck more cheaply.
4) The bidder won the truck without asking the wife, who told him he better not bring it home.
5) The bidder could not come up with funds to pay for the truck (see also #4).

HAWKMAN

4) The bidder won the truck without asking the wife, who told him he better not bring it home
This should have been number one on your list! as this is THE biggest deal killer I've encounterd.

ryan77

My wife went crazy when i won my bid but its been over a month and shes calmed down thank god. But how do you not come up with the money? You have to pay for it in 24hrs of auction close....

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently saw an M1028 in PA come up a second time. I have to believe the buyer rejected it when they got there because they didn't look close enough at the pics (it had M1009 axles under it). I fully expect it to make it for a third round when the last buyer realizes it, because it wasn't worth much except the axles and it went for a fair bit. I'm sure the buyer thought the had a good deal on a set of good axles... :rolleyes:

jworth94

I remember either hearing about that truck, or maybe it was another one that had the same modification(s).

I guess if I see a truck that comes up more than once at auction, I'll be especially careful with it in regards to an inspection.

It'd be nice to have an auction section for this forum that allowed people to discuss "problem" vehicles.

Thanks to all that responded.

Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks