• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Variants parts interchangeability

br44

Hello all

Supposing I purchased a cucv of any type off of gov liquidation, what parts would I be able to use for my 84 m1009? for example, if i needed a driver side door for my m1009, could i pull it off an m1008? how about wheels or v belts? What parts will interchange?

I have so many things wrong with my M1009 that I may scrap it and buy an m1008. So that's the same question but in reverse.

Thanks

(Front End)Fenders ,Doors, Hood,radiator, radiator support,motor,Transmission,Possibly Transfer case
(Interior) Seats, Dash pad,Dash Cluster,Steering Column.
(Misc.)Headlights,Headlight Harness,Engine Harness,Interior Harness,Turnsignal lenses,Taillight lenses

Im sure theirs more.:beer:

Last edited:

ARYankee

Those fellas are correct!!! Search is also your friend on here. I know there are threads about interchanging parts and what not. You also have the option of purchasing some parts from LMC.

cpf240

You can also check out the -20p and -34p TM's, as they will tell you all the part numbers and what they are used on. One note though, the M1009 uses 6 lug wheels while all the other CUCVs use 8 lug wheels.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most everything is availible at the auto parts store except some electricial parts . It is the same as a 1984 chevy blazer with a 6.2 deisel motor and body parts are the same as civy trucks.

Keith_J

The brakes and suspension are about the only difference. Aside from the few models using the 205 transfer case, the 208s should exchange with the transmissions being identical.

Be careful on civy parts, these are all J code diesels without EGR. CDR valves for example.

br44

Most everything is availible at the auto parts store except some electricial parts . It is the same as a 1984 chevy blazer with a 6.2 deisel motor and body parts are the same as civy trucks.

true I can purchase most parts at an auto parts store, however I think its cheaper to purchase a junker and part it out. My big thing right now is a replacement driver side door. will any cucv model door work?

j.cherry377

On the Dash there is usually a bracket installed that allows for a speaker / control monitor setup on the left and a heater control panel on the right for the winter ops engine and interior aux heater setup. While having the dash apart I noticed that there is another set of holes in the welded bracket for fitting a longer bracket assembly. Has anyone seen one of the longer brackets and / or know what its intended use was for?

Barrman

Axles, drive shafts, springs, steering linkage between the steering box and the tires, rims, tires, shocks, seats and all body parts behind the cab are different. Just about everything else is a bolt on swap.

I have no idea what you are talking about with the dash mount holes. Can you post a picture?

j.cherry377

here is a picture of the mounting hard points added to the dash by the OEM, to where the mounts would be attached, shown in picture 2 is the standard bracket used for the aux heater control on the right and speaker local control on the left. I am trying to figure out if there is a longer dash bracket for a intercom station or a control monitor was in the specifications since the attached hard point with the locations for were contained in the build design

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
br44, a 30 second search would have answered your question. Care to guess your answer?????:deadhorse: