• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Washer motor won't turn off

johnpdo

OK, my first post... CUCV wipers only worked on low, with no high and no washer working. Read the other posts,and disconnected the capacitors, wiring straight into the wiper motor. Cleaned the contacts, and now the wipers work on low and high, BUT...the WASHER motor won't turn off. Unplugged all the wires, and the wiper motor works, but the washer still doesn't stop. It appears mechanically driven. I see where some are using a universal washer motor. Is there anyway to fix my problem, or do I just need to breakdown and put in a different motor for the washer. If I do that, exactly which wires do I need to use to wire to the washer so the switch on the turn signal works. Any help?:cry:

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one that the washer would not turn off, I replaced it with a later model washer jug with internal pump from a salvage yard.

johnpdo

I really don't get it. Even If I unplug the 2 wire and 3 wire connector, it still keeps pumping until the reservoir runs dry. Hmmm. Bought an Anco 65-01, and will probably just bypass it now.

cliffyp

I'm digging up an old thread to see if any of you resolved this.
I figured I'd fill my reservoir so I could clean my windshield, turns out if I run my wipers it will keep cleaning and cleaning and .... It always wants to leave one last squirt after the wipers stop. It's like my kid trying to get in the last word!

acmunro

Usually it is a mechanical issue not an electrical one. If you unplug the wiring and pop the cover off the wiper motor you will see the pump mechanics. There is a coil in there that activates the pumping action. I have fixed them in the past by using compressed air and blowing the dust and dirt out. Then hitting the key points with some type of lubricant. Maybe silicone spray or WD-40. Something plastic friendly if I remember correctly the cam is made of plastic.

Gripy

Maybe a new switch. I have the same problem sometimes. I just flick the washer switch back and forth until it decides to stop (usually a few tries).

ARYankee

I also have the same issue but I have a new wiper motor. I guess I'll have to dig a little deeper in the threads and break out the TM to see what I can figure out.

acmunro

If you disconnect the red and white wire from the pump (this is the pump action coil) and it still pumps when the wiper motor is on you prob have a problem in the new wiper motor (washer pump arm not disengaging).

ARYankee

If you disconnect the red and white wire from the pump (this is the pump action coil) and it still pumps when the wiper motor is on you prob have a problem in the new wiper motor (washer pump arm not disengaging).
I'll check that out and report back. Thanks.

ARYankee

I disconnected them and it still kept squirting so it looks like it isn't disengaging so I'll take the motor apart to see about repairing it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks