• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Winch bumper

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here our some pictures of how we installed a winch on a cucv, as you can see we modify the existing brush gaurd and bolt it to the new bumper for a "semi" military look. the bumpers are available on ebay and are nicely made. We primed and painted the bumper assembly with black CARC and added some very nice Ridgid running lights.

The winch itself is a WARN 9500 unit with the optional air compressor

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice look! Is the winch attached to the frame or just the bumper? Post more pics of the mounting.

niferous

How thick is the steel?

Edit to add: Just did a search on ebay for " cucv winch" and "cucv bumper" and didn't see one.

Last edited:

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice look! Is the winch attached to the frame or just the bumper? Post more pics of the mounting.
Thanks, I really like it too, it almost looks like it came that way. The bumper is mounted to the brackets, the winch to the bumper, we used grade 8 hardware. the mounting could be improved on a bit IMO. In one of the pics you can see our direct to metal epoxy primer, its really tough stuff. the bumper is made from 1/4 steel plate. search ebay "87 chevy bumper"

when searching for parts remember our cucv are the same as 73-87 chevy trucks for alot of items.:idea:

Thanks terry

Attachments

Motomech

$448 buy it now price.
The tow points need to go thru the bumper and bolt to the frame.
They appear to be surface welded to the face of the bumper?

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
do i spy...a 10k price tag???

cool camo paint job......is that a paint job applied camo ......???
Yes, we have several M1009's a M1008, and M1010 either done or nearly done and for sale.

The cammo is a vinyl wrap from "cammo clad" company, its mossy oak and is very interesting, we applied it over fresh GCI 383 green, no CARC here, vinyl does'nt stick to it:!:

We call this truck the "2012 truck of the year"

Thanks
Terry

Attachments

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
$448 buy it now price.
The tow points need to go thru the bumper and bolt to the frame.
They appear to be surface welded to the face of the bumper?
The tow point are surface welded, I agree some improvements could be made, but this combo is attainable without breaking the bank or having to build the entire bumper from scratch.

K9Vic

Wraps are expensive, so I can see why it would be a $10K truck. Looks really good but I want to Rhino line mine, but then you are stuck forever with that colour.

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wraps are expensive, so I can see why it would be a $10K truck. Looks really good but I want to Rhino line mine, but then you are stuck forever with that colour.
This truck is much more than that, its not for sale though, it is being custom built for a customer. The poster was referring to a truck in the back ground view of one of the pictures showing off a winch bumper.

I thought I would post a picture on one method of adding a winch, I get lots of questions on that topic, to bad the cucv didnt have a military designed and installed unit.

Bravo2Uniform

donalloy1

Boy that Winch takes up a bunch of Grill space! Are you worried about cooling issues due to lack of air flow? Really like the look.

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Boy that Winch takes up a bunch of Grill space! Are you worried about cooling issues due to lack of air flow? Really like the look.

We have a bunch of miles on the of truck with no noticed over temp issues, the cooling system on the cucv's is pretty big and well designed IMO. I guess if the cooling system was in poor condition maybe the airflow blockage could be an issue. thanks terry

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks