• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Winter Fronts

jatonka

Hello CUCV members, I now have winter fronts available for your trucks. I will be at Jim Thorpe ,PA on Feb 21 thru 23. Stop by my table. Also MTA-NJ Sussex, and ABerdeen,MD in May. JT out

mangus580

FYI.... the bottom straps arent really needed if its installed right. I have run mine for hte last 2 years without hooking the springs on them. Just tuck it in behind the bumnper, its stays very nicely!

jatonka

Thanks for the info Mike, you know I know nothing about Cucv's. When I was loaned the NOS original, he asked me to duplicate it as best I could. I'll leave the spring loops there, just because they're there, but I read you , not neccessary, for it to work good. See you at Jim Thorpe.

IRWFO

I'm not understanding it. What CUCV are these for? The ones I have seen for my Blazer have square openings for the headlights and directionals.

JohnFire

Jerry as far as I know those round holes are for the blackout drive light and the nato plug. The cover only covers up the grill but leaves the lights clear. That is just my observation on it.

AJMBLAZER

So you guys actually use these? I drove my truck through a good part of the 06-07 Northern Michigan winter and never had a reason to go find one.

CCATLETT1984

its like covering the radiator with cardboard, restricts the amount of air blowing through so the vehicle can heat up. I dont have any issues because i have electric fans that dont come on till the truck is at operating temp. so i have heat very quickly.

mangus580

AJMBLAZER said:
So you guys actually use these? I drove my truck through a good part of the 06-07 Northern Michigan winter and never had a reason to go find one.
From October to April!!

I need to get something for the wife's 99 Burb too.... when it gets down to like 5° like it was the other day, the engine just cant make enough heat to maintain everything.

JohnFire

You mean it isn't supposed to take 5- 10 miles till you have heat in the cab. heh heh :D Since I am still out of state till mid march I will have to see if dad can run up to jim thorpe to get one for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks