• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Winterfront

jatonka

I am in the process of getting the mounting hardware for the winter fronts, I will be able to supply it if your truck doesn't already have it installed. JT out

xenocath

searching.............
i did the stock number chase down on the correct hardware and given they wanted me to order 1000 minimum i just used some screw in turn buttons but if you get the bolt through black ones i will definitely order them from ya.

xenocath

searching.............
yes and it works really well and i used it for a good while before getting the proper grill cover. actually i gave the cardboard cover to a buddy of mine to put on his truck.

lindyp38

thanks for pics......i def wanna get one....

U guys should check out his seat covers..........i wanna get a set of those......

Make more canvas cucv stuff.....lol.....
i finally got my seat covers.....and they are awesome.....super fit.....

I wanna get that front winter cover........next.....

natemccabe

Zero, I only cover 1/2 of the radiator with the card board. I slipped the cardboard inbetween the grill and the rad so that it came in contact with the rad and gets pushed/sucked into place. Hardley see it there what with the front end frozen solid for 4 months of the year.

Zero_cool

Thats where I put mine to. Last winter I had 3/4 covered and it was ok.
Ive been wanting to get a winterfront from JATONKA for a while now so as an experiment I tryed a full piece and she overheated. I even cut 2 holes just like the winterfront but it still overheated

I just dont see why the winterfront wouldnt cause my truck to overheat , yet a piece of cardboard does.

Bairrfhionn82

That's because the cardboard is right up against the radiator the cover will be about 10" away so you won't over heat.The cover helps minimize airflow into the grill especially when driving at speed.;-)

boondock

The poor man's winter front- cardboard in front of the radiator.
But NEVER completely cover the radiator or you will quickly overheat, as some of you folks have experienced. I find that covering about 75% of the surface area works just about right for temperatures down to zero or so.

jimmyzwei

2 pieces of cardboard one taller than the other so it overlaps the lower one to the front of the lower one. You can cover the complete radiator, suction holds it in place, from start up to complete warmup + a little. then stop the engine and the suction disappears and the cardboard piece that was overlapping the bottom one drops down only covering a little more than half the radiator, restart and away you go. NOTE only works when the fan is mechanically driven by the water pump.

Worked real well in an early 60's Mercury small 6 cyl I had

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Jatonka winter front is a fine piece of equipment which works as designed. By attaching to the exterior of the grille, sufficient cooling air is still able to enter the area immediately in front of the radiator from beneath and through the slave/BO light holes. The winter front should be used during extreme cold and not during temperatures above freezing or when pulling a heavy load. Also, remember that use of a turbocharger will increase engine temperatures which will require additional cooling. If you plan to use a winter front, it would be wise to also install an temperature gauge so you can keep your eyes on the engine temperature. Just my 2 cents.

Attachments

GreenBull

I have a piece of corrugated plastic sheet (like cardboard) and the blackout light holds it in place nicely. I suppose you could do the same thing with lexan or any other flexible sheet material. zip ties or bailing wire optional but I haven't needed it.

jatonka

nos_cucv_winterfront_161.jpgThe winter fronts that I make are built from US military patterns and are specificly designed for the CUCV in winter conditions. They are made in NY state and in stock atall times

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks