• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Wreck and Rebuild

Gunfreak25

Fantastic work, most would have declared that a total loss and parted out which I always feel is very wasteful. I just picked this M1009 on the cheap, the prev owner also got into a little bender. the other car lost of course. I'll be hitting the junkyards soon for a fender and door too!

Attachments

HalfaLehman

So I have had the truck on the road for about a month now and have been snuffing out the small issues as they pop up. When we put the front clip on we came to find that the drivers side fender is tweaked(no big deal, just annoying) so Ill be swapping that out at some point as well. I reused the hood hinges by bending them back to shape as well as they could be(swapping them out will be another project for warmer weather) so the hood doesn't sit quite flush.

The main issue was the oil waterfall that I discovered on my way to my moms place for Christmas and needless to say Im lucky I have a habit of checking fluids when i fill up with fuel. It was a 200ish mile trip and the truck leaked over 2 gallons of oil! Turns out my idea of "ill just put a crankcase breather on here till I get around to figuring out a new cdr setup" was a bad one :oops: With the cdr on and functioning properly the leak is no more!

DSC02378.jpgDSC02380.jpgDSC02381.jpgDSC02382.jpgDSC02383.jpg