• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv

Status
Not open for further replies.

spark23ca

i'm looking for the best place to buy an old cucv..i mostly want it for the 6.2 diesel and the axles ..Are there any good online auctions that carry these vehicles..any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Your options are pretty much eBay, GovLiq, and local (F/S signs, Craigslist). I've seen CUCVs on all those. You might also try the classified section on this site, though be aware some members are going to be slightly mad if you're going to chop up a perfectly good MV for parts.

eBay can be spendy, Government Liquidation can be a hassle (not that it always is), deal locally if you can so you can check things over, kick the tires etc.

HAWKMAN

You might be better off just to look for the axels and engine, this way you neednot have to deal with dragging/stripping/storing a carcas, just a thought:-D

hobie237

Y You might also try the classified section on this site, though be aware some members are going to be slightly mad if you're going to chop up a perfectly good MV for parts.

If he bought and paid for it, it's his business. If they didn't want it chopped up, they could have bought it themselves. Since they choose not to put up, they can shut up.

spark23ca

You might be better off just to look for the axels and engine, this way you neednot have to deal with dragging/stripping/storing a carcas, just a thought:-D
well i don't mind the extra stuff...i don't strip much i use everything ..can never have enough parts ..i have a small junkyard of old things i wrecked lots of room hahaha.i do body work and weld alot so its got to be in pretty bad shape for me to scrap anything

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
oh no no ..i don't intend to chop it up ...i was just saying i didn't care the shape as long as it had the diesel and the axles
I think many would consider taking the axles and engine out of it would be "chopping it up". Not much you can do with an engineless, axleless body at that point. But as has been said, it's your's to do with as you will.

Dabba

i agree with the chopping it up, i wouldnt do it. On the bright side, you probably can find some rotted out m1008 or something missing alot of parts pretty easy and grab the drivetrain that way, PErsonally if it runs and drives already and the bodys nice, id keep it intact. My opinion though

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's quite a few broke dick 1008s coming up on GL right now. Surf around a little and you might be able to find one and have a local SS member pick it up and send your parts and keep the rest for themselves.

hobie237

Guys, he said he doesn't want to chop it up. I think what he's trying to say is that he just doesn't really care about condition or whatever so long as the driveline is present and functioning. Yeesh. Otherwise it'd likely be easier for him to just yank the parts from any K30 or other truck in any junkyard with them.

Never ceases to amaze me how much people freak out about the *possibility* of a military vehicle getting cut up for parts, even if it is only a K30 with a whacky charging system.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never ceases to amaze me how much people freak out about the *possibility* of a military vehicle getting cut up for parts, even if it is only a K30 with a whacky charging system.
Just like all of those Chevy Cameos were just pickups with some whacky fiberglass bed side panels.

hobie237

1. If somebody wants to cut up a CUCV, a Deuce, a Ferrari Enzo, a Model T Ford, Stingray Corvette, or a limited edition whatever you want, I support them. Their money, their vehicle, and everybody else can stuff it. If somebody wants to preserve one, or several, they can put up their own money and do so. If they don't want to do that, they can shut up and quit whining.

2. Similarly, if somebody wants to restore and/or preseve a CUCV, Mustang, DUKW, or a Buick Regal, I support that. It's their money, it's their vehicle, and everybody else can stuff it. If people think it should be used or altered in some way, they are more than welcome to put up their own money and do so. If they don't want to do that, they can shut up and quit whining.

3. CUCVs aren't exactly rare, or particularly historically significant. They are almost identical to regular K30s and Blazers. It's just the way it is.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1. If somebody wants to cut up a CUCV, a Deuce, a Ferrari Enzo, a Model T Ford, Stingray Corvette, or a limited edition whatever you want, I support them. Their money, their vehicle, and everybody else can stuff it. If somebody wants to preserve one, or several, they can put up their own money and do so. If they don't want to do that, they can shut up and quit whining.
If you bother reading my earlier post I also said it's if it's his truck he can do what ever he wants with it and it's his business.

Having said that, there are way to many "hobbiests" who don't give a rat's rear what they cut up because it's "just this" or "just that" and there's "tons of them." I guess that's why there's so many CCKWs running around.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stop arguing in the forums. Do not post GL aution links either.

hobie237

If you bother reading my earlier post I also said it's if it's his truck he can do what ever he wants with it and it's his business.

Having said that, there are way to many "hobbiests" who don't give a rat's rear what they cut up because it's "just this" or "just that" and there's "tons of them." I guess that's why there's so many CCKWs running around.

Personally I think your words are empty. You say on the one hand that it's his vehicle and he can do what he wants, but then on the other hand you disparage those who cut up the trucks. And do you honestly believe that a CUCV is analogous to a CCKW, in any manner at all? I mean, besides the fact that they were both owned and then surplussed by the military.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks