• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv2

res0wc18

hello all this weekend i ran across something called the cucv2, anyone have some information or websites? it was different but cool. looking for some info on them

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
If that is a CUCV 2 then there are CUCV 3's too they have a beautiful one at the Viginia Museum of Military Vehicles in a contact truck configuration with a duramax diesel and it looked great.

MilitaryRestoration

I've seen a new 2004 Duramax Crew Cab 'CUCV' but one that was quote unquote 'purposely rolled' so that the guys could get parts off of it for their own rigs...At any rate will try to get some pics but they are still making/ordering them.

Michael

There are CUCVII and maybe CUCVIII then GM changed the name to LSSV. Here is a link to the TM's for these.

http://www.gmfleet.com/government/products/GMDefense.jsp?navSec=products

They used to have pictures on the GM web site but I can't find any right now. If you find any you like you better download them because they change this site all of the time.

Something i picked up alone the way.

Attachments

Michael

I dug these up on the above site. Most of the pic links are dead, but the spec sheet are still there.

I am beginning to think there are two model versions of the CUCVII then they changed the name to LSSV. They seem to be making a few of these every year. I don't think our gov is buying very many of them though. I did see a French version of the TM. I found this quote on one page:

As of January 1999, General Motors is on contract with the US Army�s Tank-Automotive Command (TACOM) for a 5-year supply of CUCV-IIs and next generation LSSVs vehicles to the US Air Force.
All of this pics came from pages that called them CUCV II's, but as you move through the time line in 2004 the home page calls them LSSV's but links back to the same spec pages that were made in 2001.

Attachments

res0wc18

man those look great the one i saw was the older square body style. Does anyone know where to buy these newer ones? I want one of the older body style burbans, that is if they exist. Anyone? The new Lssv reg cab pickups are really cool looking, think theres any of those around? im guessing if there is they are in the 50 thousand dollar range.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks