• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucvelectric.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgar

I'm in the same boat. My wife ordered for me a new GP controller, solenoid and other stuff, ordered Jan 18, paypal confirmed and USPS says 'its shipped' but no luck so far. Digging deeper USPS says 'shipping information electronically received' with no status updates since then. John may be overwhelmed but after two emails and no follow up it’s frustrating. Is the part back ordered? Did he ship on the 18 and it is lost?
I can be patient as long as I know that I will eventually get my parts, waiting is easier when you know the ship date vs. wasting time because the order got lost.
I'm going to stew a while longer, in his posts he seems like a decent guy but it is frustrating to not know if the shipment is lost and I'll never get my parts. I'm on 3 weeks, I'll wait a bit longer. I could really use the GP controller and solenoid right about now given my part of CT got 40" of snow Saturday. Bummer. If his business has grown to the point he is overwhelmed it may be time outsource the shipping to an order fulfillment service.

salt6

I'm in the same boat. My wife ordered for me a new GP controller, solenoid and other stuff, ordered Jan 18, paypal confirmed and USPS says 'its shipped' but no luck so far. Digging deeper USPS says 'shipping information electronically received' with no status updates since then. John may be overwhelmed but after two emails and no follow up it’s frustrating. Is the part back ordered? Did he ship on the 18 and it is lost?
I can be patient as long as I know that I will eventually get my parts, waiting is easier when you know the ship date vs. wasting time because the order got lost.
I'm going to stew a while longer, in his posts he seems like a decent guy but it is frustrating to not know if the shipment is lost and I'll never get my parts. I'm on 3 weeks, I'll wait a bit longer. I could really use the GP controller and solenoid right about now given my part of CT got 40" of snow Saturday. Bummer. If his business has grown to the point he is overwhelmed it may be time outsource the shipping to an order fulfillment service.
That's the shipping label, it's been paid and a label has been made, printed who knows. If the post office had picked it up there would have been some other scans along the way somewhere.

richingalveston

if anyone knows john, let him know I am about to cancel my order and request my money back through paypal. I have left many emails with no return. I have had a paypal shipping notice with post office tracking number since Jan. 20th. I ordered the two alt. rebuild kits the first week of january. I don't want to cancel, I feel I have given plenty of time for him to get my order to me and I will wait until the 20th to request refund from paypal. I understand this is not his primary job but he is selling a product and needs to have some response to customers. I know this forum has no control over CUCV electric but he is a member here and from what I have seen the only way to get through to him is by posting something in this forum. I was not going to drag this issue through the forum but in order to give him a chance to keep my buisness I decided to add to this post.
it will be more than 6 weeks on the 20th that I have not received what I ordered and I have sent him 4 or 5 emails with no response.
Thanks to anyone who can help
john if you read these post, it only takes a second to respond to a customer email with some reason for the delay.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am closing this thread and any other CUCV Electric Threads.

SS has no control over their business and he has not signed on here since Dec.

While I know it it very frustrating to not have any response, there appears that something has happened that has affected his business/life.

Hopefully what ever it is will be resolved soon.

So with that said, do what you have to do to get your truck working.

In the mean time there are other solutions to your CUCV parts needs:

GP controller cards - antennaclimber has them - http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?102176-CUCV-Glow-Plug-Cards

alternator kits - Aspwholesale.com - AC Delco 27SI type 100 - http://www.aspwholesale.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=5137

Starter rebuild kits for the 24volt 27MT direct drive - http://www.aspwholesale.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=6174 - contact them and make SURE you get the 24v version. The brushes are different

starter solenoids for the 24volt 27MT Direct Drive and the 28MT GearReduction - http://www.texasindustrialelectric.com/starter_solenoids.asp

NAPA has many of the other sensors and switches. Look up the GM part number from the tech manuals and cross reference them on the NAPA site.

If you can not find a part number, let me know as I have cross referenced dozens of the CUCV parts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.