• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCVRUS Repair Projects

87cr250r

I have repaired a glow plug card my transistor failed when I connected it to a starter relay (ballast resistor bypass terminal) instead of the proper isolated ground relay.

A resistor doesn't normally fail. This one was likely connected in short circuit. It's possible replacing the resistor would repair it.

cucvrus

It has been since November that I ran the M1028
IMG_1201.jpeg
I sat in it and turned the key waited and it fired right up. I am convinced that the late 1986 -1987 model trucks had a galvanized floor and rockers on them. This truck just seems to stay the way it was for the past 20 years. It sits outside in all weather and the floor looks the same as it did 10 years ago. IMG_1202.jpeg it appears like galvaneal. I don”t know but I had rusty, pussy CUCVs in the past. Have a Great Weekend. IMG_1199.jpeg

cucvrus

Let d begin by removing the horn pad.IMG_1313.jpegIMG_1314.jpeg
Next the 3 torx 20 screws holding the horn ground contact adapter in place. IMG_1315.jpeg
Then using a snap ring pliers remove the center safety lock. IMG_1316.jpeg now I must go to the barn and get the steering wheel puller. Well puller set for anything. A few pictures for memory and onto the lock plate removal. More later. Break time to wash hands and go for more tools.

cucvrus

Well rebuilding the column has become more of a challenge then I anticipated. The lock cylinder on this M1009 is not held in with a retaining bolt and I can’t get the lock cylinder out. I have a conundrum with a gadget that provides the ground for the horn. I was going to send this column out to a steering column company to have it rebuilt but thought I would save some coin. Fail at this point. I must do research on this small part. I want to do it right. IMG_1318.jpegIMG_1320.jpegIMG_1322.jpeg

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks