• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV's in the new 'A-Team' movie.

CDN-CUCV

The new A-Team flick is being filmed in town here and it'll have alot of green iron in it apparently.
I went to check on a few parts yesterday at I.M.S. (International Movie Services) and a number of vehicles were being prepared to be shipped out to the film set, so when it hits theatres, keep an eye open for a M1010, a bunch of M35's and M998's.

just a heads up:wink:

niferous

Is there any old television show they won't make into a movie now? I agree about Transformers was horrible. As soon as I heard that they were making the "all American Hero" some kind of International Peace keeping force I decided not to even give it a try.

tsmall07

You guys are lame. Transformers was awesome. You just have to turn off most of your brain and accept it as pure entertainment. GI Joe wasn't as good, but I still enjoyed it. Now the first modern Hulk movie a few years ago was complete trash.

I can't wait for A-Team, but there is a lot of room to screw it up on this one...

Wile E. Coyote

From people on that show I hear that A-Team actually got that M1010, a bunch of 686 tan Humvees hardtop and troop carrier configurations, a couple of CARC camo Humvees, a few Leyland DAFs masquerading as LMTVs (I guess), some M915s, whatever the M800 family expansible van is called also tan, and an M939 family truck in tan from a few different movie companies and direct purchase. Apparently they're also getting the GDLS demonstrator Stryker, or already used it...the guy couldn't talk long. I hear they're also building their own tank for the show, but nobody would say much more about it.

(From imdb.com I see it has Liam Neeson in it, so hopefully it'll be worth watching.)

22b

Someone called us about our M113A2 and Lynx (M113 is an actual Kuwait Vet) but I suspect the locals didn't want out of Province vehicles stealing the show.

Wile E. Coyote

You guys are lame. Transformers was awesome. You just have to turn off most of your brain and accept it as pure entertainment.is ...
I liked the first Transformers movie! The Decepticon MH-53 Pave Low was just awesome...but then again, the Decepticons get all the cool vehicles anyway (like that MRAP Buffalo taking out the bus on the highway.) The second movie...eh...not so much, but still fun if you're in full Brain Switched Off mode.

Wile E. Coyote

Someone called us about our M113A2 and Lynx (M113 is an actual Kuwait Vet) but I suspect the locals didn't want out of Province vehicles stealing the show.
From what I gather they changed their minds just about hourly as to what they wanted and even outright bought a bunch of stuff they're not going to use now. They're also filming in Cold Lake at some point so maybe they're thinking of you for that sequence or something.

(sometimes they also get irrationally stupid about transportation costs for shipping something like an M113, but won't even blink when it comes to buying a bunch of vehicles they wind up not using, or even spending weeks constructing vast sets for sequences they then decide to completely write out at the last second. "X-Men" was really bad for that last one.)

22b

In this case, it's the supplier renting what he has, and not telling the producers what is available. We have numerous Lynx, M113's, Chieftain Tanks, all the eye candy you could want. We are well informed about the antics that plauge Vancouver and the suppliers, and that's why you can always tell a Canadian production with any military content. It's usually laughable. I still have a rubber cheque from one of the main suppliers on my wall. Have fun boys, but ask for cash up front....

dma251

I was approached at last summer's MV show at the Arlington Fly-In by a representative of the production company and asked if I would consider renting them my hemtt for the movie.

At the time I was selling my HEMTT and didn't need the headache of all the logistics, but it was definitely a compliment. The guy was really persistant too, but in the end I passed on it.

K9Vic

I hope that they do use a M1010 in the movie with it being in many scenes. Then it would make mine more popular and probably more valuable as they are a rare bread of CUCV vehicles. It would be even better if it was black and used by the A-Team, LOL!!!! ;-)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks