• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV'S WANTED!!!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck thats all i can say.
There is not an M1009 or M1008 out there without some sort of rust. These trucks by there design hold water in places that cause rust. The military isseued a directive to
remove the rubber floor pan cuz it trapped water under it. My recent purchase has to be the most rust free m1009 I have seen...I have seen a lot of them is 17yrs. My Bro worked at an OMS shop for Nor calif and he has never seen any either without rust.

Risht now you can see while diving on HWY 4 next to the Concord Naval Weapons Station about 20 M1008's and M1009's. They have been there for about 8 mos, Windows down...They belong to the MP Unit in Pittsburg. They are just slowly rotting away. This is how the vast majority of these trucks spend there days. These are at this base cuz there is no room at the Armory cuz they have to many HMMWV's.

The cleanest M1009's would most likely be Air Force or Navy....Army treats everyting like shit. The Services want the M1009's gone but cannot afford to get rid of them just yet.

Anyway....Keep Looking

res0wc18

You are right, with one exception my current m1009 it was a navy blazer here in washington state is the only reason its so, or was so damn nice.( a woman t boned me) it says you have one for sale? that a joke? or is it a parts rig?

res0wc18

finally found one!!!! Its here locally. I will be going on tuesday to take a look. Fingers crossed. I will be looking again come spring time when i sell my current blazer(made it into a wheeler). I need to purchase a truck come spring time as the blazer is my daily driver.

parker

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck Parker, I have an M1028A1 and love it. Mine IS garage kept Kenny. Don't drive it to much, It's great when I do, I want it to stay pristine for years.

Attachments

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's an Alfa Heaven truck. A couple people on the forum have had bad experiences with them (Tom) lately. I have my own complaints about alfa. They sold me an engine that was listed as a LDT-465, It turned out to be an LD-465-1C. It's my own fault, buyer beware! They also lied about many issues on the truck, but that's been gone over here before. Do a search on here for Alfa Heaven for more info. Some people really like them. They also advertise the trucks as just serviced, when I went to pick mine up and drive it from WS to AZ it had not been serviced, and they knew I had a 2000 mile drive in front of me. Anyway, Just beware with Alfa, Me, Myself & I do not trust Tom, I understand he's in business, but with me he's crossed some ethical lines, truthfulness.

IRWFO

Desert Deuce said:
Just beware with Alfa, Me, Myself & I do not trust Tom, I understand he's in business, but with me he's crossed some ethical lines, truthfulness.
I agree. Besides the issues with my Alfa truck, my friends $8,000 1009 was a total waste of his money. It's been down more then half the time since he's had it. Non-stop elec. problems. Leaks galore. Bad brakes. Bla, Bla, Bla. I will never recommend him again.

AJMBLAZER

Desert Deuce said:
It's an Alfa Heaven truck. A couple people on the forum have had bad experiences with them (Tom) lately. I have my own complaints about alfa. They sold me an engine that was listed as a LDT-465, It turned out to be an LD-465-1C. It's my own fault, buyer beware! They also lied about many issues on the truck, but that's been gone over here before. Do a search on here for Alfa Heaven for more info. Some people really like them. They also advertise the trucks as just serviced, when I went to pick mine up and drive it from WS to AZ it had not been serviced, and they knew I had a 2000 mile drive in front of me. Anyway, Just beware with Alfa, Me, Myself & I do not trust Tom, I understand he's in business, but with me he's crossed some ethical lines, truthfulness.
IRWFO said:
I agree. Besides the issues with my Alfa truck, my friends $8,000 1009 was a total waste of his money. It's been down more then half the time since he's had it. Non-stop elec. problems. Leaks galore. Bad brakes. Bla, Bla, Bla. I will never recommend him again.
Ditto. I recommend against him on other forums. Hopefully his business is feeling the word circulating against him.

I'm sorta glad I didn't necessarily want a 100% pristine show truck. I still feel a bit cheated but at least I won't feel so bad when the rockers get cut off for rails and the dash gets cut for a radio, etc.

res0wc18

Well just got back from inspecting the truck and it was total junk. It wasnt even a real military blazer just one that had the bumpers and grill off of a 1009.Disapointing to say the least.

I figured from the conversations i had personally with tom, and reading some others thoughts that he was leaning on the wrong side of the fence. What sucks about this is that he has alot of surplus rigs there to be had. I myself unless i was able to see and drive before and after one of his trucks wouldnt buy it. I have bougt things from Brett at boyce equipment, no bs there. Alex at idaho motorpool is great also. It sucks though because now i have to keep searching for a rig. I did finally get my insurance check for the blazer, only two weeks late not bad! Anyways were else really is there to buy from that wont srew you?

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a great relationship with Alex, great guy. You might want to call Jack at Jack's Government Surplus in Tucson, He has lot's of 1009's. He will paint and fix it up nthe way you want it. I think he has some Border Patrol units with A/C. If you call Jack let him know I sent you there, He's an honest guy (my opinion) and has more than 1000 MV's of all sorts in stock.

By the way, you can get a decent truck from Tom, I did in the end, but he's an ass (bum is not the word I used, think butt) & he thinks we're all idiots. I'll never speak with him again.

AJMBLAZER

Got a website for this Alex guy or any of the other MV selling places?

I'd still like a K5 one day and a buddy of mine likes Dodges.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks